Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead of retiring/removing them, the old Corpus Ship tile set should be merged with the Corpus Outpost (Venus, Neptune, Pluto etc.)

(PSN)BloodyHell

With the new Corpus Ship tile set inbound for later this year, we'll soon be saying goodbye to the old tile sets which have been in the game since Warframe's old beta days. As excited as I am for the remaster, I can't help but feel that it might be a wasted opportunity to delete them from the game entirely like what we saw with the original Gas City tile set. Instead of doing that, wouldn't it be cool to see them moved over to the Corpus Outpost tile sets? We know that they're compatible since the two already share a number of tiles together, it would just be a case of moving the rest over. A number of them would work surprisingly well recontextualised as the interiors of large Corpus industry complexes, and a change of skybox/lighting would breathe a little bit of new life into them. It would also give more variety in the generated levels for Venus, Neptune and Pluto. In fact, what might be even cooler to see is moving the old Corpus Ship tile set to just one of those planets, giving it a distinct appearance over the other ones. 

DE have said that they plan to do more overhauls down the line, and I look forward to seeing new and unique tile sets for Venus, Neptune and Pluto eventually, but realistically it'll be a few more years before we see that (Not a knock against DE, just the reality of development time). I also understand the compulsion to start with a new clean slate and officially retire the outdated content, but I don't see any shame in making smart asset reuse. Anyone else agree?

Spoiler

Truthfully, 90% of the reason I made this post is because I don't want to see the removal of the 200ft drop next to one of the elevators. #SaveTheElevatorShaftDrop

zCmLsHT.jpg

• Like 1