Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About Weapons

Cwierz

Part One: "those" weapons

So to get started on the first topic I am going to put down a list of weapons from each category

Melee

Ceramic Dagger   Dark Dagger  Heat Dagger  Bo Cronus Heat Sword   Jaw Sword Machete Pangolin Sword Plasma Sword  Dual Cleavers Dual Skana Ether Daggers 

Secondary

Bolto Furis Kraken Seer Sicarus Afuris Akbolto 

Primary

MK1-Braton Burston Grakata Supra 

So what did I just spend 1 1/2 minutes copying and pasting from the warframe wiki doing? Getting ready to make the first part of this post.

These weapons are weapons that need to be

A: Removed (Daggers, Machete and the like)

B: Buffed (Boltos, Kraken, Furis's, etc.)

C: Reworked (MK1 Braton most prominently, couple others)

D: Fixed (staring at the Bo pretty much)

or

E: Made proportionate/cost (Supra, Seer, Event Longswords)

So, I can imagine that right above is gonna be where some people stop reading and respond with

REMOVE-ARE YOU KIDDING ME BLARGH ERPS PANDERP

And I am really not gonna care either way. De can refund all of the materials they costed and the catalysts they go in or just discontinue them. They serve no purpose in the game besides mastery rank and are being blatantly ignored. Unless they get a cool new mechanic (daggers instant kill with stealth kills?) they should just be removed. They are ugly to look at in the marketplace and nobody in their right mind uses them when they are being serious during high level gamplay.

Buffed is pretty self explanatory, ill discuss the boltos I guess. They arguably cost MORE than the superior twin gremlins which are actually fairly commonplace drops from liliad. They require more time to be spent, have stupid travel time, do less damage, and are less accurate to top it off.

Reworking a couple of the weapons is what I would consider them to be saved from the "removed" category. The MK1-Braton has the potential to be a niche weapon, but is sadly outclassed completely. I am tired of hearing the excuse that it is the beginner weapon and you should just buy a braton asap. If that is the case then why are they even still in the game! If beginners just trash it as soon as they get the required credits (low amount of credits required in the first place) then why is everyone so defensive about it, just give newbies a braton when they start. Same thing COULD be said for the skana, but because of the way enemies scale atm it truly does feel like a beginner weapon instead of a piece of trash. 

Fixing. Hello Bo, you used to be a very good CC weapon, it's a shame they are too busy releasing other weapons and haven't gotten around to fixing you!

There are also some other weapons that should be made proportionate to their cost. My unforma'd Soma beat out a twice forma'd Supra in DPS, and the Supra is astronomically more expensive. Not to mention the Soma is hitscan, very accurate, and only mastery rank 3 compared to travel time, gorgon like accuracy and mastery rank 7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two: Tier system

I understand that DE wants to make a tier system.

I have an idea that could be used for this

Mastery rank 1 would be the first tier, It would include the basic weapons. (latron, burston, braton, strun, grakata, vulkar, lex, sicarus, kraken, furis's, kogake, bo, dual skana  etc.)

Mastery ranks 2 and 3 would be the second tier, they would include the slightly better weapons that are picked up after the baseline weapons.

(Bolto[r], Paris, Boar, Vasto, Vipers, Kunai, Hikou, Hind, Bronco, Orthos, Dual Zoren etc.)

Mastery Rank 4 and 5 would be the third tier, this would be where the very first part of clan research and the newer better weapons would be.

(Soma, Hek, Sobek, Galantine, Dera, Ignis, Torid, Prova, Spectra, Primes etc.)

Mastery Rank 6 would be the final tier. It would include the rest of the clan research weapons.

(Dual Ichor, Synapse, Ogris, Supra, Lanka, Acrid, Embolist, Flux Rifle etc.)

Untiered weapons would include, Vandals, Wraiths, Founder Primes, Stalker drops, and Boss drops.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Three: The foundry.

As of now the foundry is very odd. To new players everything in it is extremely taxing, exempting the cronus. It all requires tons of materials and hard to find drops. Weapons that are subpar require sometimes the same amount of resources as the endgame weapons. To older players it is filled with rng for prime parts and meaningless resource costs. To both it is annoying. 

To fix this I would think that the first way to remedy is take a hard look around and at recipes. Develop costs for each weapon based around the weapon itself. 

The dagger axe skin says that it replaces the axe with rubedo blades, but guess what isn't included in the cost?

You probably guessed it.

Rubedo.

Also, if you are going to go through with the tiering system make the recipes similar to it

The first tier should have about a 2/3's to 1/3 ratio of Credits to Foundry. Any foundry items in it should be made of primarily common resources with maybe 50-100 of a uncommon resource and at most one morphic.

The second tier should theoretically have some items able to be bought with high amounts of credits and blueprints should require two or three rare resources, a decent amount of a uncommon resource, and some various common resources that promote play on other planets.

The third tier should require about the same as the current blueprints are. 4-6 of a rare resource 2 uncommons and a large amount of a certain common resource.

The fourth tier should require the same amount of clan tech items, and various uncommon and rares. 

They serve no purpose in the game besides mastery rank and are being blatantly ignored.

And that my friend, is a good enough reason for a lot of people. Just think about the outrage when Snipetron was removed and replaced with better snipers.