Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minimum disposition and issue with dispos

Tamatu

I think the current minimum value of 0.5 is just really bad for a number of reasons.

• First of all, it will need to be a really solid roll, or a god roll to be even worth equipping. Those rolls are either really hard to get, or expensive to buy. For absolutely broken current meta weapons i can semi-justify it, but even then i can't fully embrace it, since if you got really lucky and/or invested a lot of time into something, you should at least have an above average usable mod.
  • More of a balancing issue, but a good number of old meta weapons have 0.5 or close to it that have absolutely been outshined by others years ago. So the old meta became niche, rivens are supposed to help niche, but said niche has a terrible disposition. What gives?

I also think the entire base concept of you riven system is flawed, since why would you want to help trash weapons become semi-decent? This game is a looter shooter, it only makes sense that our newer and shinier stuff should perform slightly better. As we increase in mr we have more powerful weapons to choose from. This is natural progression, just like going from non-prime to prime, or using a riven on said prime.
Your recent change is also quite confusing, if a disposition is different in a prime and non-prime, isn't that kinda counter-intuitive in the first place? Where is our progression then? Sure, you will balance it that the prime with riven will still be better, but why should we have the base variant come that close in the first place.

Not to mention an other flaw: If you have a really bad weapon with minimal stats, a percentage-increase based system will never make it good if the base stats are just god-awful, regardless of dispo.

I think the values on the minimum dispo need a little bump, and we should reconsider the stance on weak weapons.

As it is right now, releasing everything at 1 (even when it is obvious to even little Timmy who just started WF that a dispo of 1 on some weapons is broken) is not great, either balance from start or don't nerf overboard on a whim.

I am trying to assume you have the best of intent, but having a new shiny toy with a great dispo really plays into your hands plat-income wise. After 3-ish months, you release new shiny toys with 1.0 dispos, but the old ones now will need a slight "adjustment" not to outshine the new ones. Cycle repeats.

15 minutes ago, ToaTamatu said:

I also think the entire base concept of you riven system is flawed, since why would you want to help trash weapons become semi-decent? This game is a looter shooter, it only makes sense that our newer and shinier stuff should perform slightly better.

To give us obsessives something to go back and fuss with when we've played with all the new and shiny stuff that we're interested in, and give us all the feeling that the enormous pile of trash-tier MR fodder weapons could at any moment contain some hidden gem with unexpected, quirky applicability with the right riven roll. These are assets that are already in the game and possibly weapons that we've already ranked and sold, given new life. It's essentially replayability on a reverse track from the normal course through the available gear. We progress forward by sifting through weapons that are 75% colorful junk with character but no applicability to gameplay, and rivens let us progress "backward" to find pieces of colorful junk we can tune up to normal. And the kind of normal they end up being is itself a funky shape thanks to how riven stats work and stack, so that they end up being decidedly extreme or quirky weapons that might, say, have half the damage but double the fire rate we'd expect from a normal viable weapon in the same category.