Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Course

Voporak

So I was thinking, "If we're space ninjas, why don't we have a place to train our parkour skills?" The clan obstacle course gets old after a while, and some people don't even have access to it because some people don't want to join a clan. 

So my next thought was "Why don't we have a tileset complete with tons of fun tricks and courses to train in?"

Now, I'm no design expert so I can't exactly lay out a complete sketch of what we could possibly put in here, but it could be like the current maps, like how the rooms are randomly generated from certain tilesets. That way, the courses would be random each time, and would make each course quite challenging. 

This would also encourage people to use stamina mods more because more stamina means more tricks and longer running. So win for us, and win for DE. 

Of course, people usually don't like doing such things without a reward, so I thought about this a bit and thought that maybe we should have mods as rewards. Based on how fast you completed the map, you can have a higher chance of receiving a rare mod, such as something like Master Thief or Berserker or something. Maybe something like Void.

A downside to this would be that people would use something like Dual Zorens so they can just roflcopter their way through the course, which is not the intention. However, I feel that we do need to be able to melee because there are certain things you can do with melee weapons in order to increase speed (not counting Zorencopter). I only just found this out today, but it seems you can do trajectory changes using your slide melee attack. This is really helpful in turning sharp corners and is a good speed trick. 

I love speedrunning and I love doing parkour in real life, so I'd really love it if we could get a mode or map specifically dedicated to parkouring. It could also have an introductory tutorial to players who are just beginning to get a feel for this parkour thing.

Thanks for reading all the way down, and I hope DE takes a look at this and really considers this.

Edited by Voporak

Sooooo your basic idea is to create a parkour-tileset. The idea is cool but I fear it is not logical. We break into stations, ships and asteroids which where build buy other cultures. The Grineer focus on heavy armor and are slow. The Corpus focus on technology and are slow, too. The Void is a more elegant tileset. High ceilings, long hallways and clear architecture. I see no option to implement a parkour obstacle course in the void.

I see two possibilties to implement this idea:

1) Orokin Direlict: The Infestation has grown wierd structures inside the ships and towers, so that parkouring through it is your only option

2) A completly new faction which is fatser and focuses on stratigic and fast repositioning in battle.

Hope this helps.

I apologize for my bad english or any typos I made.

Sooooo your basic idea is to create a parkour-tileset. The idea is cool but I fear it is not logical. We break into stations, ships and asteroids which where build buy other cultures. The Grineer focus on heavy armor and are slow. The Corpus focus on technology and are slow, too. The Void is a more elegant tileset. High ceilings, long hallways and clear architecture. I see no option to implement a parkour obstacle course in the void.

I see two possibilties to implement this idea:

1) Orokin Direlict: The Infestation has grown wierd structures inside the ships and towers, so that parkouring through it is your only option

2) A completly new faction which is fatser and focuses on stratigic and fast repositioning in battle.

Hope this helps.

I apologize for my bad english or any typos I made.

The Orokin Towers have such large architecture and grand halls, and that's what makes it possible to parkour through it, but I see your point. You're right about the basic idea though. However, my take on it was as a sort of training course for the Tenno. I'm fairly certain that Tenno don't spend all of their time breaking into Corpus and Grinner ships and outposts. Maybe they're kind of like a boot camp type organization that requires training before going out into the field, like an academy or something.

On that note, where do all of our mastery tests take place? Maybe Tenno go back to their academy to take mastery tests. If they do, then maybe they have a training course in which to test parkour skills.

Doesn't the Dojo already let you build one of these?

No, the Dojo lets you build an obstacle course. What I'm proposing is designing and entirely new tileset completely dedicated to parkouring. You know that secret room in T3 capture where you have to parkour your way across a really big hall in order to get to a door that closes off you from containers that hold loot? If not, then I suggest you start looking for it. But I digress.

The point is, the Dojo's obstacle course doesn't hold any fun for me. I'm sure there are other people out there who want to do nothing but parkour their way through an entire map. In https://warframe.com/media/videos/warframe-closed-beta-update-6'>this video, Steve says "...advanced players won't even want to touch the floor." when describing the parkour system. 

Edited by Voporak

No, the Dojo lets you build an obstacle course. What I'm proposing is designing and entirely new tileset completely dedicated to parkouring. You know that secret room in T3 capture where you have to parkour your way across a really big hall in order to get to a door that closes off you from containers that hold loot? If not, then I suggest you start looking for it. But I digress.

The point is, the Dojo's obstacle course doesn't hold any fun for me. I'm sure there are other people out there who want to do nothing but parkour their way through an entire map. In this video, Steve says "...advanced players won't even want to touch the floor." when describing the parkour system. 

Ah, I get it now.

There are a few rooms that allow for decent parkour across various tilesets, but having a room that strictly requires parkour to progress would get frustrating fast if it were necessary to clear the stage through there. Having secret obstacle courses in more places might be fun, though.

Ah, I get it now.

There are a few rooms that allow for decent parkour across various tilesets, but having a room that strictly requires parkour to progress would get frustrating fast if it were necessary to clear the stage through there. Having secret obstacle courses in more places might be fun, though.

I haven't mentioned it in the original post, but I was thinking maybe there should be 3 different tier courses do as to represent difficulty. So beginners can do the easy stuff, and advanced players can go straight to the difficult courses. Of course, to make it even more fun there should be faster alternate pathways that have to discovered and aren't in plain sight.