Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FASHIONFRAME - Consistent Texture Layers Between Skins

BarettaPrime

In my years of playing Warframe I came to know two things: 1. Mastery rank is really only for access to different echelons of weapons, and 2. FashionFrame is really the true endgame. As you spend much of your time in your orbiter in-between missions, you spend a lot of your time customizing how each of your frames look when you roll out. This is especially true when new deluxe skins, tennogen skins, and fashion accessories are released. The purpose of this post is to discuss the current state of how color options are organized. For example, on the original base skins of most all weapons and warframes, you can expect that the Primary color relates to the main color of the object, relating to the overall theme. The Secondary color typically compliments or contrasts and helps to further build upon the theme you're seeking to establish. The Tertiary layer typically colors the subtle designs on the object. Finally the Accent layer usually represents the metallic colors on the object. For simplicity and to keep focused on my discussion, I will leave out the Emissive and Energy colors.

The setup above is typical for all customizable objects (Warframes, Primary & Secondary Weapons, Melee, etc.), however we enter uncharted territory when it comes to the addition of deluxe skins and tennogen. What I am about to propose may seem tedious, however is it not possible to re-establish what color layers correspond to the generally expected color layers? For example, for the majority of Ember's skins, her color layers follow the typical format. This is also true of her Tennogen skins. However, when it comes to her deluxe skin, we run into interesting changes. Her Tertiary and Accent layers seem like they switch, making it difficult to match materials between non-deluxe helmets and the deluxe skin parts. This is also true of Ash's Koga skin, Chroma's Dynasty skin, Frost's Harka skin, Loki's Knave skin, and Rhino's Palatine skin. I do recall [DE]Steve mentioning doing a pass on colors in a devstream, but I am not sure if this is what he was alluding to.

This is in no way game breaking or a priority by any means, but after the long discussion about creating a "Prime Toggle" a couple years ago, I would hope looking into refreshing the organization of textures would be possible. All for consistency's sake.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, BarettaPrime said:

FashionFrame is really the true endgame.

5A90B0A5243B62B5987CD12F2141A13447A7D228

I roll my eyes so hard every time someone says that seriously. Color channels do need consistency and it's very annoying when they don't align but it's not the goddamn endgame. Only people who don't know how to spend their time think that it is.