Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Why Is The Soma A Perfect Weapon?

Enomilli

No draw backs and with the talk of crits having some sort of elemental effect would that not make Soma the ultimate god tier 1337 mlg pro weapon ever?

This weapon is perfect in every way possible and crits, making it more than ready for the elemental effects of armor 2.0 and such.

Actually, the soma beats the acrid in almost every situation. My soma has a higher dps than my acrid simply because both of them kill enemies too fast. The acrid takes time to reach its max dps per shot, while the soma doesn't.

The Acrid beats the Soma in every situation for DPS, but the Soma most likely has a higher TTK due to the Acrid's back-ended DPS. 

Edited by ChaoticVice777

I feel like the acrid vs soma's dps doesn't matter 'til around level 100 or so. Up until that both of them (for me) one-shots all light units, and two-shots heavy units. I actually can't find a boss to measure an accurate dps for my acrid anymore. All I know for that matter is that the Jackal dies in 30 shots from the acrid while it only takes 22 shots from the soma. 

Ye, as of now, the gap between Soma and an other primary is way too large.

Just like the gap between Acrid any any other secondary and the gap between OrthosP/Galatine and any other secondary are too large. I understand the concept of tiers and for all I care these can be the best weapons of their category, but not by so much.

I don't know what Armor 2.0 will do exactly, but seeing as the first intention was to fix armor scaling I don't even want to think about what Soma might become. I hope DE has it all planned out, but judging from their record the damage update will be chaos that will takes weeks of raging to be unraveled :S

And then it will be great, but I'm scared of that first wave of chaos  lol

Edited by CubedOobleck

I think it's fine but for what it is... (A crit build AK47 with a huge mag)

it should totally have some recoil on that beast!

The thing can snipe like a Latron and DPS like a crit build Gorgon.

You're right, that's s fine.

Edited by Ystella

Actually, the soma beats the acrid in almost every situation. My soma has a higher dps than my acrid simply because both of them kill enemies too fast. The acrid takes time to reach its max dps per shot, while the soma doesn't.

Soma beats Acrid in every situation ? Your acrid must have some of the crappiest mods probably.

Armor ignoring dps chart : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdHZJRTBvRTBrNGNrb3dNbEZsc0tZVHc&usp=drive_web#gid=17

Until armor 2.0 comes, Acrid is a monster, no other weapon comes even close in terms of single target dps.

Btw what's this about crit gaining an elemental effect?

It's quite interesting and I'd love to know if there is anymore information, what you write could be interpreted in different ways.

For example it might mean that critical hits add a new chunk of damage like the elementals do, instead of increasing all the damage.

Or it might mean that critical hits transform the innate damage type of the weapon to something else on the crit hit.

Edited by CubedOobleck

No draw backs and with the talk of crits having some sort of elemental effect would that not make Soma the ultimate god tier 1337 mlg pro weapon ever?

This weapon is perfect in every way possible and crits, making it more than ready for the elemental effects of armor 2.0 and such.

Because you think the Soma (as well as any other crit-based weapon), won't be rebalanced with armor 2.0?

Really?

Since hitting 10s on level 115+s in T3 MD or Defense is the perfect wep..... Soma will always be held back from reaching the true tier it could reach due to the "Bullet Type" Smacking you in the face. I do agree though, it's a great wep, not my thing... but a great wep.

I feel like the acrid vs soma's dps doesn't matter 'til around level 100 or so. Up until that both of them (for me) one-shots all light units, and two-shots heavy units. I actually can't find a boss to measure an accurate dps for my acrid anymore. All I know for that matter is that the Jackal dies in 30 shots from the acrid while it only takes 22 shots from the soma. 

I'm assuming you don't have a maxed Hornet Strike, and Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent and a full rainbow build + No Return on your Acrid than? Acrid will out Soma in almost all situations still when it comes to Pure DPS and no other wep ingame comes close to it, on top of the fact that Acrid doesn't suffer fall offs in high levels like Soma does due to the fact that it's still Bullet Type.

because its their game and they do what they want 

Sadly my money thinks different. Theres a lot of people who stoped "donating" cuz the powercreep is going into bad direction (Really bad direction if a market weapon outshines primes and researchs)

Edited by Dasmir

But... but...

If you let go of the trigger the dakka stops.

Don't let the dakka stop.

Sir you are right. You are absolutely right. Please don't stop the Dakka. I will bear that in mind the next time I use the Soma, thank you for enlightening me.