Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse beam

protecttheplanet

So I want to like the synapse. Having played with the ignis and amprex a lot, a more damage but single target beam primary sounds nice. BUT why is the beam so... Thin? Like, I colored the energy all white and its still barely visible. Its like a chain of single drops of water. Thin as yellow body fluid that comes out. Whats up with that? There isnt even a skin to bypass that. 

Its the worst at dark tilesets like grineers and infested. Am I the only one with that problem?

Edited by protecttheplanet

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Lucas Jameson:

I haven't noticed it. Then again, I do only use it in nidus these days, when there's one particularly stubborn ancient or bombard that needs to die

Well the only feedback if I hit or not are the numbers and damage i see. I don't actually see if im in the 25 m range or not. There is a warframe which has a thick beam like ability, i think it was an exalted weapon and wisp? I want my synapse to lool like that. To look like an continious opticor beam. Hell even the standard operator amp is better visible than this stream of single pixels.

4 minutes ago, protecttheplanet said:

Well the only feedback if I hit or not are the numbers and damage i see. I don't actually see if im in the 25 m range or not. There is a warframe which has a thick beam like ability, i think it was an exalted weapon and wisp? I want my synapse to lool like that. To look like an continious opticor beam. Hell even the standard operator amp is better visible than this stream of single pixels.

Well it is a lightning gun, you could see if sparks start coming off your enemy. Or it was at least, I can't remember if they've changed it to corrosive

As for the comparison to wisp, that's a portal to the sun she's generating. A literal beam of pure solar energy. If every beam weapon looked like that, then it'd lose its visual appeal, y'know?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Lucas Jameson:

Well it is a lightning gun, you could see if sparks start coming off your enemy. Or it was at least, I can't remember if they've changed it to corrosive

As for the comparison to wisp, that's a portal to the sun she's generating. A literal beam of pure solar energy. If every beam weapon looked like that, then it'd lose its visual appeal, y'know?

Its corrosive now, yes.

I dont care what the lore behind is, it looks amazing. Im not saying to copy and paste it into every beam weapon but it should be a goal to aim for. Just try a default colored synapse in a dark infested mission, you wont see anything

3 minutes ago, protecttheplanet said:

Its corrosive now, yes.

I dont care what the lore behind is, it looks amazing. Im not saying to copy and paste it into every beam weapon but it should be a goal to aim for. Just try a default colored synapse in a dark infested mission, you wont see anything

Well, watch for status procs then. I'll be honest, I've never had an issue seeing when I'm hitting enemies with any weapon, including synapse.

I think you're missing my point. The idea of wisp's beam weapon is it's supposed to be the over the top beam weapon, one that is meant to surpass the mundane. If the void portal to the sun looks as badass as every other mundane beam weapon, then it loses part of what makes it special.

Also, can you imagine corpus missions if every beam weapon looked as over the top as wisp's? All those flux rifles everywhere, no-one would be able to see a thing

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)Lucas Jameson:

Well, watch for status procs then. I'll be honest, I've never had an issue seeing when I'm hitting enemies with any weapon, including synapse.

I think you're missing my point. The idea of wisp's beam weapon is it's supposed to be the over the top beam weapon, one that is meant to surpass the mundane. If the void portal to the sun looks as badass as every other mundane beam weapon, then it loses part of what makes it special.

Also, can you imagine corpus missions if every beam weapon looked as over the top as wisp's? All those flux rifles everywhere, no-one would be able to see a thing

Synapse has like 13% status chance. By the time the first status procs the enemy is halfway dead. 

As I said, im not saying it should look like wisps beam. It can look like the default amp too, which looks lame, but its still visible.

Lol there are worse scenarios. Like vauban, or mirage with a launcher

10 minutes ago, protecttheplanet said:

Synapse has like 13% status chance. By the time the first status procs the enemy is halfway dead. 

As I said, im not saying it should look like wisps beam. It can look like the default amp too, which looks lame, but its still visible.

Lol there are worse scenarios. Like vauban, or mirage with a launcher

Like I said, I've really never had an issue seeing when my gun is hitting something, so I'm really not sure. If it's only in a dark infested ship, maybe turn up your brightness?