Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Planetside Missions.

__Kanade__

This would be a very good part of Warframe instead of everything being in space in tight closed bases and ships where quite honestly, Tenno really don't have free range of motion and the Parkour system can't be used to its fullest. If this is the far distant future, then there should be planets, and moons with very large open bases or jsut open terrain in general in which you have to split up into 2 man teams an take down team based objectives helping the other team advance further into the base or whatever it is we need to do.

Right now, the only things that really change from solo to 2-4 man parties is some doors need 2 people to open vs solo where you can open it alone or one datamass missions turns into needing 2-4 datamass.

Not sure about the loot system, it just looks like it's a free-for-all on who can get to the storage cabinet first to collect possibly a rare drop or just get all the credits to yourself.

There's just not enough incentive to play in a team, plus the game gets incedibly laggy once people join, I don't know if this runs on dedicated servers or not, but I prefer not to join a party so I can enjoy smoother gameplay.

I think planetside missions where the emphasis on teamwork and 4 player co-op would really help this game out since it's only PvE atm.

The game really hasn't generated enough money yet for them to do a whole bunch of large-scale maps. Though I do like the idea. It'd also be a nice way to introduce new missions as opposed to what we have right now. One that I could think of would be a mix between Elimination and Capture where Team 1 has to draw away the majority of the enemy and eliminate them and Team 2 uses the distraction to go after the general.

Pariah is a first-person shooter computer game developed by Digital Extremes, co-developers of the Unreal franchise. It was released on May 3, 2005 for Windows and Xbox. It uses a modified version of the Unreal engine and the Havok physics engine...

so maybe DE could use some old PARIAH map design for missions on surface of the planets for WARFRAME?

I'm thinking about sketches and design of the environment not just copy-paste

pariah%2B4.jpg

pariah-20041029025812330-000.jpg

Will there be more open environments? (I want sky above my head! I want planets and biodomes!)

The next art set is still enclosed, but focusing on rock and terrain. After this we are looking at open sky spots but still in a colonization/scifi context. Biodomes, limited exposures, etc. We are commited to procedural level generation and how it keeps updates small and level building fast and efficient. This means our constraints are like this: if we have an open-to-sky environment in a tileset, eventually it has to connect to a 'join' on another section. Like a canyon choke-point. This means that you won't be running on a massive terrain heightfield with a building dropped down on it like height-field centric games. It will always have a dungeon generation vibe underlying it.

That said, I'm excited to push it way more within these constraints... even the new set (coming soon) has a far better mix of tight enclosures and larger spaces which really help break up the monotony of 'same ceiling height every where I go'.

I am confused, is this post about team work or about planets?

either way, I love the idea that team work needs some more emphasis. other than certain enemies being an issue in multi player, the double lock doors are the only things that keep a team together.

the above quote can be found here: https://forums.warfr...8-warframe-faq/

Edited by Juper0

the above quote can be found here: https://forums.warfr...8-warframe-faq/

Sounds great. If the devs commit to the procedual generation concept so much, they could have large, open areas, connected by choke points, which dynamically get populated by certain objects such as towers, colony housing and rocks.

So they are not rearranging how different pre-made rooms are connected, but how bigger, empty rooms are filled with objects!

This would be a very good part of Warframe instead of everything being in space in tight closed bases and ships where quite honestly, Tenno really don't have free range of motion and the Parkour system can't be used to its fullest. If this is the far distant future, then there should be planets, and moons with very large open bases or jsut open terrain in general in which you have to split up into 2 man teams an take down team based objectives helping the other team advance further into the base or whatever it is we need to do.

Right now, the only things that really change from solo to 2-4 man parties is some doors need 2 people to open vs solo where you can open it alone or one datamass missions turns into needing 2-4 datamass.

Not sure about the loot system, it just looks like it's a free-for-all on who can get to the storage cabinet first to collect possibly a rare drop or just get all the credits to yourself.

There's just not enough incentive to play in a team, plus the game gets incedibly laggy once people join, I don't know if this runs on dedicated servers or not, but I prefer not to join a party so I can enjoy smoother gameplay.

I think planetside missions where the emphasis on teamwork and 4 player co-op would really help this game out since it's only PvE atm.

I think larger areas for missions would be great. I do understand that complication with having 4 people and your busy fighting while they collect some things. It does make sense to make things larger and more widespread. I would surely want this.

I think we might encounter the problem of "invisible walls or no invisible walls" when we have planet map.

Designers need to have predictable points of entry and bounderies and navmash and pathways, whenever you enter an area, so they can design things according to that. Throwing it on an openworld planetary map often throws everything off, cause players can go anywhere they want,and likely not in the ways it is designed to. Which leads us to invisible walls, which makes things easier for designer, because players can't go sequence breaking by going off the designed path, but make it less fun for player. (Invisible walls can be death zone, where player die/teleport to the appropiate path, or just simply what it is said - an impassable block of hard air that even space ninja can't go through. None of which is fun, because it limits player movements even though they percive it as shouldn't be.)

So that means their possible choice could be just give us a base, in which case it would be like ships/asteroid we have now, with different view outside, and perhaps an open sky. Or they can have it an arena type of map, where it is essentially a very, very big room with boundaries around it, artificial and natural, like crashed ship and rocks, etc, but players can move freely anyway they want in the arena. But still, it is boundaries.

I totally support the idea of biodomes on a moon/asteroid with a little bit nature, would do the game quite well in my opinion and open up some interesting new ways to use the whole ninja move mechanic thing. Wallrunning along a smaller canyon, climbing a tree in a biodome to ambush a patrol.

I'm quite happy and looking forward to see the game evolve further bit by bit with everything getting added to it. Its like many pieces of a big puzzle comming together.

I think we might encounter the problem of "invisible walls or no invisible walls" when we have planet map.

Designers need to have predictable points of entry and bounderies and navmash and pathways, whenever you enter an area, so they can design things according to that. Throwing it on an openworld planetary map often throws everything off, cause players can go anywhere they want,and likely not in the ways it is designed to. Which leads us to invisible walls, which makes things easier for designer, because players can't go sequence breaking by going off the designed path, but make it less fun for player. (Invisible walls can be death zone, where player die/teleport to the appropiate path, or just simply what it is said - an impassable block of hard air that even space ninja can't go through. None of which is fun, because it limits player movements even though they percive it as shouldn't be.)

So that means their possible choice could be just give us a base, in which case it would be like ships/asteroid we have now, with different view outside, and perhaps an open sky. Or they can have it an arena type of map, where it is essentially a very, very big room with boundaries around it, artificial and natural, like crashed ship and rocks, etc, but players can move freely anyway they want in the arena. But still, it is boundaries.

You don't necessarily need invisible walls. Just deterrants from running to the edge of the map. i.e Watchtowers placed near the map edges that shoot at you if you're approaching the boundary.