Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fissures: Expand to Railjack and Open World; and a side note about Requiem Fissures

Xepthrichros

With a new Prime Warframe around the corner, I hope DE will consider expanding Void Fissures to more maps and game modes. Returning to the oldest game modes and tilesets in Warframe to farm prime parts can get a bit repetitive, and unchallenging, regardless of frame and weapon choices. Personally, this is true even when I unequip mods to try to experience the "new player" feeling, or get "interactivity" as some people on the forums claim is the key ingredient to fun, to which, I say, nah, not really. Interactivity just for the sake of it, against old and defeated enemies, was not fun. It was tedium, to defeat things that I have killed 1 million times yet again, but slower.

Instead, I hope DE will consider adding more variety and options to the prime farm, and that is via extending it to Railjack, and to the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.

This would allow for more game mode options for all players, and also more options in terms of what warframes and equipment are used.

It would also help address some of the persistent complaints about players using X or Y equipment doing too much damage and preventing their team mates from having their interactivity (even though I disagree with them and think interactivity is not the issue for myself, but whatever, if they insist upon it, I think my suggestion will help them with that). 

Open world maps are big enough such that it is less likely for any frame or weapon to monopolize all the enemies. This should allow all players to have decent opportunities for interactivity. 

In rail jack, there's sufficient things to be busy with (manning guns, piloting, fending off boarders, repairing stuff etc.) so there won't be this phenomenon of having nothing to do. 

The reward scaling probably would have to be adjusted for these modes.

But besides addressing the interactivity complaints, I personally feel adding fissures to these modes will make the prime farm feel more varied, and will make the two open world maps and railjack also feel more connected to the overall game and what some people might consider the "core gameplay loop" of Warframe.

Lith, Meso and Neo Fissures can be scattered among the Earth Proxima and Jupiter Proxima missions. Axi Fissures can go to Veil Proxima

Fissures on Earth and Orb Vallis pop up as a separate Bounty option when they are available, with the type of relic scaling according to enemy level.

Lastly, Requiem Fissures being confined to Kuva Fortress only.... gets a bit dreary after repeated runs. The red and black tileset grows a bit old. Would be nice if these fissures pop up elsewhere, or if a new way to open Requiem Relics was introduced - maybe task-based? Similar to Riven Challenges? 

Edited by Xepthrichros