Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Find Myself Becoming More And More Bitter As The Days Progress

Luminati07

Did DE originally intend a last minute second timer? No.
Do we want to trust Dev that they need just 1 week more time? Yes.
For those of you we've let down, see you next Wednesday and please play the apology alerts if they appeal to you - otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream.

DERebecca's post.

Did DE originally intend a last minute second timer? No.

Do we want to trust Dev that they need just 1 week more time? Yes.

For those of you we've let down, see you next Wednesday and please play the apology alerts if they appeal to you - otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream.

DERebecca's post.

Yep

Sure is going to be awesome to see the developers playing U13!

I can't wait to see what we should have gotten!

It's going to make me thritsty for more content.

jk

They flash it in our face.

i feel bad.

DE started grineersystems.com where they teased U13. There are six screens. It started about six days ago. So one screen opened per day. Which lead people to think (and they were right) that U13 will be today. But after the sixth screen was revealed another timer was added. For about one and a half hour there were some wild speculations and then DERebecca confirmed that U13 is delayed.

Lack of response from DE angered people. "They (DE) didn't warn us beforehand". "If it wil be delayed next wednesday I will lead a crusade to burn the forums to the ground" (That's direct quote from The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread). "Give us something now (Reinforcements, Melee 2.0, Badlands anything). That's how people reacted.

I think the major problem yesterday is that every one ran out of straws....

If they had remembered their straws they could have sucked it the f**k up.

Delays happen in software development, and this one looks like a biggie and getting bigger so no sweat.  Could communication have come earlier and more clearly, yes.  Was it so egregious a failure that it's worth getting mad about... not so much.

"If it wil be delayed next wednesday I will lead a crusade to burn the forums to the ground" (That's direct quote from The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread). "Give us something now (Reinforcements, Melee 2.0, Badlands anything). That's how people reacted.

.....Woah wait actually? 

Must have missed that one. 

Some of people are REALLY angry.

"I hate how DE leaves the community in the dark.They need to atleast give us a reason to delay U13 cause if not WHAT THE F*** ARE THEY DOING?!"

"They should have started learning from their mistakes long ago."

Lots of angry people. Lots of "white knights". And a few reasonable.

I think the major problem yesterday is that every one ran out of straws....

If they had remembered their straws they could have sucked it the f**k up.

Delays happen in software development, and this one looks like a biggie and getting bigger so no sweat.  Could communication have come earlier and more clearly, yes.  Was it so egregious a failure that it's worth getting mad about... not so much.

Exactly. But hyped (and now furious) people don't listen.

Exactly. But hyped (and now furious) people don't listen.

What's hilarious is that they whip themselves into a fury with the hype, and then place all the blame on DE for their disproportionate and irrational disappointment.

Yes there were teasers, yes there was some DE led hyping, but the majority of it came from the echo chamber here in the forums.  The response from friends of mine that play WF but avoid the forums when I told them U13 was delayed was *shrug* "we'll get it next week then".

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Geez,if people got this much butthurt over a 1 week delay, I'd hate to see them try out DUST 514. Used to get MONTHLY patches and then they went 4 months before then the most recent patch. No communication about it for at least 3 months. Don't get me started on the bugs and that game is in FULL RELEASE.

Be thankful DE is at least telling you about the delay and giving you something in the mean time. A short delay is nothing to get all worked up about.

Keep up the good work DE! and thanks for taking the time to make sure the product is up to snuff.

As expected we have to grind stances. And no default stance? DE, in devstream you said every weapon has one default.

One default stances that allow you to do normal attacks but not combo. So there isn't much difference even if u have the default.

One default stances that allow you to do normal attacks but not combo. So there isn't much difference even if u have the default.

Then what's the difference between Melee 1.0 and Melee 2.0? Same button mashing until you find a stance that's not for your weapon? Or you don't find any.

Edited by CBAROG

As expected we have to grind stances. And no default stance? DE, in devstream you said every weapon has one default.

Honestly, I do hate the fact that weapon stances are mods (RNG, am I right?)

However, my main issue is that it just feels like such a wasted opportunity.

Putting them in as mod cards just seems like such an easy way out.

Then what's the difference between Melee 1.0 and Melee 2.0? Same button mashing until you find a stance that's not for your weapon? Or you don't find any.

Exactly, Pressing E is just gonna have the same damage unless you hold your left mouse button. I also honestly don't see the point in doing all the cool moves, just press E, the enemies die anyway.

Update leaves me feeling very -_-

Melee combat still feels mashy and unnecessary. Charge attacks at least felt good when they hit. Channel system is literally just more of the shame with an obnoxious glow effect.

A lot of weapons had their attack speed nerfed, which is no fun. Galatine in particular was hit hard. Fury also only provides 30% attack speed now. I'm guessing combos have faster animations.

Stances are irritating to get (only one I got was for machetes... why is this even a thing). The fact that you're not given a base combo mod and that each weapon class has maybe only two stances shows how little variety there is to the new system.

Nikana flub is just lol

DE didn't seem to learn a thing from Lephantis and Tethra's Doom. In fact, they seemed to have embraced the flaws in farming key components, because getting to Hek is going a to be a massive pain in the rear. From what I understand, that's 60 ciphers total at the minimum to get Hydroid. Joy.

Rolls were nerfed in terms of distance.

No more massive crits on unaware enemies. Waiting for the Loki and Ash rage threads on this.

Overall, it feels like a step back and to the right. Shiny new toys in a system that feels more fluid, yet is somehow even less useful than the previous. It's just lame. Just lame. For reasons I can't place, it has sucked life out of the game rather than injected it with life.

FMbsjhD.png

At this point, I don't even feel bitter anymore. Just jaded. Meh.

At least they kept coptering. In fact, it's now a universal attribute, with some weapons being much better at it than others.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Melee 2.0 just made me cross my fingers, hoping my "E" button don't break from the button mashing. I can't even hold it down to do massive damage anymore. You get punished for not being a rhino or trinity, because while you whack away on an enemy you will get hit from other directions.
Don't even get me started about the Vay Hek keys... That is just ridiculous. 

I have to admit I was hoping no charge attacks wouldn't be a detriment to the M2.0 until I found out all weapons got much slower (apparently a stance mod can nullify this to some degree, but only if you equip the weapon.), and that all stance mods need to be grinded. Not very newbie friendly at all.

DE didn't seem to learn a thing from Lephantis and Tethra's Doom. In fact, they seemed to have embraced the flaws in farming key components, because getting to Hek is going a to be a massive pain in the rear. From what I understand, that's 60 ciphers total at the minimum to get Hydroid. Joy.

Well, if you consider the 9-day wait that was Zephyr, it's not really surprising (and not in a good way). DE moving Oberon to random drops from Grineer Leaders doesn't help matters.

No more massive crits on unaware enemies. Waiting for the Loki and Ash rage threads on this.

That's just sad.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Well, if you consider the 9-day wait that was Zephyr, it's not really surprising (and not in a good way). DE moving Oberon to random drops from Grineer Leaders doesn't help matters.

Did DE really move the oberon parts to random drops from Grineer Leaders?

Incredibly dissapointed in this latest update, not because of the bugs but the design choises behind the core parts.

I just can't comprehend the logic behind hiding the majority of new gameplay in melee 2.0 behind the rng while diluting the drop tables in the process. Also, the amount of grind required for the new frame is simply ridiculous. A specific combination of 26 out of 4 randomly appearing parts for one random frame part? New weapons are clantech requiring obscene amounts of oxium and a new resource that decays _one_ day after droppping? 

Warframe used to be this neat diversion I could play for maybe an hour per day, now it seems to be heading fast into korean MMO territory. I think I'm done. I simply have no desire or time to do all this grinding for rewards that don't feel worth it in the least. Shame, really, but there it is. 

Did DE really move the oberon parts to random drops from Grineer Leaders?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/209324-update-13-dark-sectors/

- Oberon pieces have been moved off Vay Hek to make room for Hydroid, and now have a chance to drop from Grineer Leader enemy types.

If they haven't, they will be soon.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

DE just does not learn.

Bah.

Well clearly when there are majority of the people defending them and over-hyping things, DE won't learn. There are hardly any post about Vay Hek keys being too grindy. 

I'm not even going to try to farm keys for the key to Hek. And after hours of farming still no stance. That's beyond ridiculous. 
As many people stated, locking almost all fun of the update behind RNG is really really fu**ed up decision.

Edited by CBAROG