The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

kmode_exception_not_handled bsod

Clampet546

As the title says, I always get a "kmode_exception_not_handled" bsod error a few seconds after launching Warframe (opening settings, or arsenal, or just running around my orbiter for a while). This error only occurs when I try to play Warframe, all the other games run just fine.

I've heard that this happens due to a driver issue, or corrupted system files, so I formatted my drives and reset Windows. Then I updated all my drivers and reinstalled Warframe through Steam. I ran system scan and memory diagnostic to check for any corrupt system files or issues with RAM. All the tests came out clean, but launching Warframe would still lead to the same bsod. I used to think it was because of my device overheating (cpu temps reaching 92°C), but the problem persisted even after doing a thermal repaste and undervolt on both cpu and gpu (where cpu temps dropped to ~75°C). I would like to add a few more things just in case it's important:

- Initially I used to launch Warframe through the standalone launcher, but later reinstalled on Steam.

- PC specs: Windows 10 (Laptop), Core i5-8300h, gtx 1050ti, 8gb RAM (2666mhz single-channel), 120gb ssd for system files, 1tb sshd (where Warframe is installed).

- I use throttlestop to undervolt my processor (due to ineffectiveness of cooling system).

- I underclocked my processor from 3.9GHz to 3.3GHz (to reduce temps)

- I also use MSI afterburner change the voltage curve of my gpu.

- Another bsod error I often get is "driver overran stack buffer".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! (I'll update this post if I find a solution)

Edited by Clampet546