The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Optimize Installation? I will remember not to press yes ever again!

Geminichii

Okay. So apparently my computer's hard drive is corrupted for the second time now and I am 100% sure of the cause.
First time it happened was when the mainline update for 2020 was patched. So I updated my game, and all is well but then this "Optimize Install?" prompt showed up. It says it will make my loading time faster so why the hell not? After a few minutes I was redirected to this warframe page saying that there is something wrong with my pc. I had to reprogram/reformat my pc. Because what I did corrupted my pc. 
After reinstalling windows and the games I play, all was well. I was able to play Warframe again but I just had to press "No" whenever the prompt shows up. But then I started rethinking. And so I went to google and searched if it's safe to do it. And I've seen some positive comments and I really need faster loading time. So I went and restarted the game so I'd be able to see the prompt again. I clicked yes and allowed it to load up while my fingers are crossed. And then it finished. Guess what? I got bluescreen of death and now I need to call my technician again to reprogram my pc because my drive got corrupted again.
I am not running a gaming pc but I never encounter any problem regarding performance when playing Warframe. But for those people, here's my laptop specs:

Intel Core i7 3.16Hz
8gb Ram
SSD 512GB
WIN10

If you have similar pc specs with mine, don't touch the "yes" button. 

2 hours ago, Geminichii said:

SSD 512GB

SSDs do not benefit from the optimisation, which from what I understand is basically some defragmentation work.

Defragging an SSD also happens to eat up a LOT of its available read/write operations, which is why you're NEVER advised to do it (and doing so nets no benefit for SSDs anyway.)