The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive frame drops

bilgehan1122

I have a DELL Precision M4800 PC with Windows 10 and all the latest NVIDIA Geforce updates as well as system updates.

Before today Warframe was a fairly easy game for this PC to handle with medium quality presets. I could have a smooth gameplay experience with constant frames that were well over 30 (not sure what it was exactly, don't tend to check them constantly).

The issue started happening today, when I launched Warframe to get the anniversary items and also hopefully some weapon upgrades. There was a small update patch that was applied very quickly. I do not know if this was the reason but I have not had this issue before that so not going to rule it out (btw last time I played was 2 days ago, on the 25th). I launched the game and everything was fine... for the first minute.

I was checking out my arsenal to optimise my weapons when I got a big frame drop. Until then, I had fps that seemed smooth (later tests show around 45-50 fps for the first minute or two) but immediately it tanked to 10-15 fps. I checked the task manager to figure out what was eating so much GPU and it was literally just Warframe. It was showing GPU usage of 90-100% for warframe, and everything else was reading either 0 or 1%.

I am unsure if that update is indeed the reason but imo most probably something broke in the software, as I was able to handle the same specs without any problems before this. I hope a solution can be found for this soon.

Btw I have tried this with low quality presets as well and no change. The game runs smoothly for a while (and for a little bit longer compared to medium) but then the fps tanks to 10-15 fps.

Have a nice day and stay safe

Update: I don't know what changed but it got a lot better in the last 12 hours. While I still have a frame-dropping issue of starting with 60 fps and then suddenly dropping to 25-30 fps, it takes longer to happen and so far has not proceeded to become literally unplayable by dropping even further. I'm using Medium presets currently.

Edited by bilgehan1122

They release all this content yet they let performance go down the drain. I hope they make a massive hotfix purely to fix performance only. I don't care how good the content is, if the game runs bad, I can't stand to play the game anymore.

• Like 2