Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raknoid Warframe

(PSN)Papa_ApplePie

Spending 2hours with a Scyto Raknoid inspired me.
And, just having a general love for spiders, I thought to come up with this hot garbage.

Reading a little on Raknoids. I tried to incorporate would I could from them into this frame. But, I could be wrong with my concept too. Raknoids or mainly "Orb Mothers", are female. The frame will be female in appearance. She will also be a mother to the Mite/Raknoid-ling that you get with her during the quest to obtain her.
Getting access to this frame revolves around scanning Mite Raknoids hanging from webs inside Orb Vallis Caves. When you've scanned enough hanging Mite Raknoids you'll get a visit from a skittish Mite Raknoid just outside the Door to Fortuna. 

Protect this fat pudge bubble while it lead you to a cave. Where you will find the Helmet that gives you the blueprint link to this frame. Each piece of the frame can be collected through killing different Raknoids in Orb vallis. 

Quote by Majorchord96. To get access to the this frame.

by scanning marked raknoids in caves around the vallis, you could uncover an element of warframe technology behind the manufactury of the raknoids. From there, you might have to take on an impromptu vallis bounty to locate the manufacturer of these marked raknoids. Said coordinate is a node located outside the orb vallis, requiring you to extract. Upon entering the new facility, you take note of aforementioned friendly raknoid, who leads you through the factory. At the end of the factory is the frame, half-dissected by the corpus. Interrupt the autopsy permanently and sabotage the factory to gain the arachnae blueprint. Component parts drop from scyto, kyta, and coolant raknoids.

Once the Frame is built you will have access to it's abilities and it's signature weapon the Scanner Mite.

1. Launch a strong strand of web like a grappling hook. Use it to cover gaps between you and your enemy. Or at a wall to pull yourself out of danger in a fling.

2. Leave a wall of thick sticky webbing to protect yourself or allies from firepower. Or Lay a blanket of thick sticky web to snag enemies to a halt.

3. Lunge onto prey and drain them of their armor, replenishing your frames own armor. Lunging onto prey that is trapped within the web will give an additional armor bonus.

4. Let loose your Raknoid Mite/Scanner Mite. If you mark an area your Mite will go there. Enemies that your Mite comes across will be Distracted by the Mite and automatically scanned. Exposing weak points for critical shots. Guide your Mite to run enemies into traps, or even into other rooms. Don't forget that your Mite runs on the same energy that your frame uses, draining constantly, the Mite will return to your frame to recharge itself on your back. It will probably bring all the enemies following it too, so be ready.

The frames Passive is infinite Surface Latching. Not just to walls, but ceiling as well. Surface Latching also allows for a higher critical Chance with primary weapons.

Combing the infinite surface latch with your Raknoid Mite, luring enemies close with their weak points exposed is a great way to catch your prey in a trap and lay waste to their existence. 

This Frame is mostly made of Armor, like Orb Mothers being mostly ship hull armor. This frame survives on it's armor alone, with drastically low shields and average health. With that being said. I am not the best person on how status effects work, but I do know that some of the enemies will bypass her Armor and most likely one tap her health easily. If anyone can give me more of a stat idea of how she'd fair against probably some of the tougher status effect. Like the venoms/ radiation you know, all that love, that be cool. But I see her being used as a frame for stealth and defense, kinda behind the curtain. 

Again, she is a frame also with infinite surface latching which brings me to another thing, Wall latching Mods.
I have a ton of them, and one of my favorites that I don't use often is damage reduction while wall latching. And I find it works wonders.
So a frame for all those wall latching mods would be nice for once in my head, since they collect dust.

Untitled.png

Edited by (PS4)Papa_ApplePie
Spelling error fix and Additional Help
  • Like 1

Didn't take much stock in this at first glance, but I'm starting to like the kit you've set up- setting traps and chasing enemies into them sounds fun. I would adjust the quest, though. Perhaps by scanning marked raknoids in caves around the vallis, you could uncover an element of warframe technology behind the manufactury of the raknoids. From there, you might have to take on an impromptu vallis bounty to locate the manufacturer of these marked raknoids. Said coordinate is a node located outside the orb vallis, requiring you to extract. Upon entering the new facility, you take note of aforementioned friendly raknoid, who leads you through the factory. At the end of the factory is the frame, half-dissected by the corpus. Interrupt the autopsy permanently and sabotage the factory to gain the arachnae blueprint. Component parts drop from scyto, kyta, and coolant raknoids.

Hows this?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, majorchord96 said:

Didn't take much stock in this at first glance, but I'm starting to like the kit you've set up- setting traps and chasing enemies into them sounds fun. I would adjust the quest, though. Perhaps by scanning marked raknoids in caves around the vallis, you could uncover an element of warframe technology behind the manufactury of the raknoids. From there, you might have to take on an impromptu vallis bounty to locate the manufacturer of these marked raknoids. Said coordinate is a node located outside the orb vallis, requiring you to extract. Upon entering the new facility, you take note of aforementioned friendly raknoid, who leads you through the factory. At the end of the factory is the frame, half-dissected by the corpus. Interrupt the autopsy permanently and sabotage the factory to gain the arachnae blueprint. Component parts drop from scyto, kyta, and coolant raknoids.

Hows this?

I enjoy the idea of your quest allot more, it sounds worth the take on. I'm glad the three parts come from the three Raknoids.

I'd just feel bad or weird that DE would have to set up the whole facility and the scene for this Blueprint find. If their willing to do that though, that be cool.
Thanks!

It's less of a set up sort of deal, and more of a "your only mission marker in this tileset is this raknoid" type of thing. you can run off and abandon it, but that probably won't get you where you need to go. They might have to design one or two new rooms to the venus outdoor tileset, but that's about it.

Edited by majorchord96