Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hive Warframe Concept Idea: "Alveare"

GladiatorDragon

While the Broken Warframe has won the contest, I want to try my hand at this fairly popular concept.

Name: Alveare

Alveare, the host of many, the hivemind tactician.

Will you command the swarm, Tenno?

The following assumes that the Warframe is equipped with no mods and is at max rank.

Base stats:

Health/Shield/Energy = 300/250/250

Passive: Hivemind.

Alveare can see information of all under the effects of Alveare's swarm, ally or enemy, even through walls.

Noticeable quirk: Swarm count.

Alveare has a limited, yet high number of bugs. Most abilities require him to spend a number of these bugs, and not all of them will come back alive. This counter can be replenished slowly over time or by abilities, but you cannot send out bugs to do a task if they're already doing something. This counter is approximately 1.5*Energy capacity. If Alveare's health is full, health pickups can restore the Swarm. However, you cannot restore the swarm if capacity is full, even if some of them are in the middle of doing tasks.

Ability 1: Swarm

Bug/energy cost: 25/25.

Deploy a swarm of bugs on an ally or group of enemies. If deployed on an ally, it will grant them 250 extra health for 30 seconds that goes away if depleted or after the thirty seconds (at which point, the bugs return to Alveare with an equation of: remaining hp/10). If dispersed among enemies, it will lower their accuracy and deal a little bit of Puncture damage over time. Returning bugs depend on the number of enemies hurt.

(Note: Special mod gained from Syndicates will enable you to add damage types to the swarm)

Ability 2: Swarm Surge

Bug/energy cost: 30/40.

Rush forward with a swarm of bugs dealing a burst of damage. Enemies hit are afflicted with the "swarm" condition (-50% accuracy, puncture damage over time), but none of the 30 bugs will return.

Ability 3: Swarm's Repose.

Energy cost: 50 (+1.5/s Drain).

Call back the swarm and regenerate lost bugs. In this state, you cannot attack and must sit still while active. A bug is created for every 2 energy spent outside of the upfront cost.

Ability 4: Last Stand.

Bug/energy cost: (X - 50)/75 (+1.5/s Drain).

Call out every bug within the hive into a defensive formation. In this state, Alveare's armor is increased based on how many bugs were used to cast it (base equation: 1 bug = 2 armor). As Alveare walks near enemies, the enemies around him take damage. The number of bugs alive at the end of the ability depends on the damage taken during this time, though there is an up-front 50 bug cost.

So, this is my take on the "hive" Warframe concept. Is it good? Bad? Please let me know so I can improve my future concepts.