Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explosive Barrels need some love

Endurlay

Explosive Barrels really took a hit with the Blast rework. Previously, detonating them would actually knock down the enemies in the vicinity of the explosion by applying a blast proc.

This is a very situational effect, but it was nice to have the option when it was present.

Now that you need multiple blast procs to actually knock down enemies, exploding barrels get shrugged off as though nothing happened.

Could you guys make it so that exploding barrels applied enough blast procs to achieve a knockdown?

Edited by Endurlay
  • Like 2

Yeah I really miss that. Tactically shooting the barrels to improvise a bit of cc was one of those little touches I really enjoyed

On 2020-04-01 at 10:08 PM, Endurlay said:

Now that you need multiple blast procs to actually knock down enemies

AFAIK, Blast procs now only reduce enemy accuracy -- which functionally means they do nothing at all in my eyes*, so Blast is no longer worth modding for.  🙁

If you're getting knockdowns from a weapon with Blast, it's probably due to Impact procs stacking up.

* To explain that statement: a player may ask themselves,  when not using Blast weapons, am I getting killed or losing defence objectives regularly?
If the answer is no, then they don't need the enemies to become less accurate anyway.
If the answer is yes, "use moar Blast weapon" is probably not the solution they're looking for 😆.