The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dont Understand The Anti Power Creep.

WARLOCKE

1. I am sure DE said they don't care about the videos anymore.... somewhere...

2. You see this burston here *holds out my burston* Even though I have EVERY WEAPON IN THE MARKET!!! Almost every weapon from alerts but pangolia, Every energy weapon, got the Ignis, the Dual ichor, the acrid, and Torid... I still consider my Burston to be incredible powerful, and useful, even Gorgon is a weapon, and a lot of people who refuse clans, or can't reach the rank to get Supra still enjoy Gorgon.

I love the burston, and as the Rifleman's creed goes "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

The idea that they don't care to watch the Extra Credits video, which are often only 5-7 minutes long is very disturbing. It's like they (DE) thinks they can do no real wrong unless they get caught and are unwilling to look at things from an outside perspective.

That is what Im saying. How is it not progression? As time goes on the game gets harder, more power weapons are introduced. Its a core fundamental of play in most games.

It's rendering older content obsolete. Progression would mean that older weapons can still be relevant if we upgrade them, and that weapons of a tier are comparable to other weapons of the same tier regardless of when they were introduced. The mod system and Forma kind of helps this, but it's limited in the sense that modules are based on the weapon's base stats, and the base stats of newer weapons are better than that of old ones.

The old weapons shouldn't be made completely obsolete by newer guns since you simply limit the content there is to newer players. Why on earth would I use the MK-1 Braton when I can spend platinum to get the shiniest new gun? Mastery restriction really shouldn't be necessary if the guns were actually balanced and new weapons performed different roles rather than just being a straight up upgrade (old gun but with amped damage etc.)

Ideally, even the worst gun like a MK-1 Braton could be modded to be on par with a "top tier" gun such as the soma with the mod card system which would actually require you to play the game (if you've maxed serration you'll know how long it takes to fully mod cards). Hopefully DE won't succumb to power creeping the new guns for quick cash when the new armor 2.0 system comes out.