Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"never Used Him Against Corpus/with His #3 And Synapse."

AlchemistMute

The only arguments I ever really see from people who are against the idea that Volt is bad and needs to be buffed. His first and fourth skills are just horrible, only dealing low amounts of electric damage. Overload forces Volt to become electric Jesus, suspended in air for some time, while he does maybe 300 electric damage to a level 50 Grineer.

Listen. It does not, and it will not, matter if Corpus is "good" vs. Corpus, or if his #3 + Synapse can come to 2k damage shots being shat out at lightning speed. Literally. It does not matter that Overload is capable of dealing 2340 damage with Focus to Corpus. Even more with Continuity/Constitution. This does not make a usable Frame that can hold it's own well in most situations, and since this is reduced by armor, it deals nothing to other factions and reduces as the Corpus level up.

It also doesn't matter that the Flux Rifle, Soma, Synapse, Hek and Supra are very manly guns when paired with Electric Shield, to the point of making you grow a beard in a second. You should not call the Frame itself powerful for powering up guns. Without those guns, it is not a potent alternative to gunplay, nor is it a very potent Frame. We need to get that potential energy out of the battery and into the battlefield eventually.

Volt should be specialized against Corpus. There's nothing wrong with that at all. But if it's so good against Corpus (read: It isn't) that it's horrible against other factions, we have an expensive Frame that takes 4 days and 12 hours to make, lots of time to level up and Forma, and it's basically a guy with swords for arms. Terrible against aerial units, amazing against grounded units.

You should not have to invest so much time into a Frame that requires a gun or a specific enemy to be good.

That is an issue.

Volt is a good rusher, in fact, the best I would argue, speed is also good for certain melee builds. Shield isn't only good with Synapse, it's pretty good with any other weapon that can shoot through it, if you mod it right, it can last you a long long time and offer great protection against projectiles. Overload is pretty useless in a crowd of enemies but used tactically (from behind the shield for example, hint hint hint) it can help deal with big groups (it's not exactly a floor wiper, even with Corpus ON Corpus maps, but it has its uses, the stun is nice). The first ability is relatively useless I agree, seems DE wants every primary ability to suck (they just nerfed Vauban's Tesla into the ground, like he needed that). Does Volt have problems? Yes, mainly that he is presented as an alternative to frames relying on gunplay (ha ha).

I'll say one more thing: Ember.

Edit: The usual typos.

Edited by NIL0S

He is OK as long as against corpus. He is intended to be good against corpus as Ember against infested. Wait for damage 2.0 then start raging =)

"Volt should be specialized against Corpus. There's nothing wrong with that at all. But if it's so good against Corpus (read: It isn't) that it's horrible against other factions, we have an expensive Frame that takes 4 days and 12 hours to make, lots of time to level up and Forma, and it's basically a guy with swords for arms. Terrible against aerial units, amazing against grounded units.

You should not have to invest so much time into a Frame that requires a gun or a specific enemy to be good."
Edited by AlchemistMute

Let me list the ways Volt is, has been,and will keep being, a VERY viable frame to run...

His shield doesn't just boost synapse. It obviously boosts everything. This mean that behind it, your sentinal's weapons are gaining insane speed and distance as well. Shotguns become long range artillery. You can snipe with the flux. The Ignis is like a B-52 dropped a load of napalm.

Boosting speed. Need to hump that annoying hobble key? Zerging to the boss? Time to extract? But speed boosts you and your teams melee attack speed as well. One word. Beserker.

The next tile set will be Corpus. There will be electronics... every where. I can't wait to see what overload does.

He's also fairly sturdy. he can take a few hits. He's fast, slides far. You can argue a purpose for any frame. Volt can fulfill many of them.

"Volt should be specialized against Corpus. There's nothing wrong with that at all. But if it's so good against Corpus (read: It isn't) that it's horrible against other factions, we have an expensive Frame that takes 4 days and 12 hours to make, lots of time to level up and Forma, and it's basically a guy with swords for arms. Terrible against aerial units, amazing against grounded units.

You should not have to invest so much time into a Frame that requires a gun or a specific enemy to be good."

First off all all frames take same amount to build and he is 1 of the easiest to get. Price wise he is the cheapest 75 Platinum only. Ember,Volt,Loki,Vauban and Nekros are situational Warframes not every match choice. Accept it.

You're right dude the cold truth is that volt is horrible. i love volt too i just can't use him unless i take a stupid powerful weapon and just rush a boss, and even then i usually just take my loki bc i will be invisible almost indefinitely lol.

Regarding corpus, my max shock and 1 off top focus wouldn't 1 shot lvl 32 crewmen on eligor lol...

All in all he's just a *shades* flashy frame.

Let me list the ways Volt is, has been,and will keep being, a VERY viable frame to run...

His shield doesn't just boost synapse. It obviously boosts everything. This mean that behind it, your sentinal's weapons are gaining insane speed and distance as well. Shotguns become long range artillery. You can snipe with the flux. The Ignis is like a B-52 dropped a load of napalm.

Boosting speed. Need to hump that annoying hobble key? Zerging to the boss? Time to extract? But speed boosts you and your teams melee attack speed as well. One word. Beserker.

The next tile set will be Corpus. There will be electronics... every where. I can't wait to see what overload does.

He's also fairly sturdy. he can take a few hits. He's fast, slides far. You can argue a purpose for any frame. Volt can fulfill many of them.

I'm not a goddamn idiot. You did read, right? I put a small list of guns that are amazing when paired with the shield, and the list could be much bigger if I detailed. But that's his only truly useful skill, with Speed only being a skill you pop when you're going to grind or in a rush.

So basically Volt is a good Frame for when you're going to spend hours running a mission repeatedly. Oh yeah, that's why I only saw a good amount of Volts during the Sling-Stone and Arid Fear events.

He should be usable in a Grineer tileset and not have to rely on lights to deal M. Prime or Miasma's damage. Besides, they can only be used once.

High shields don't really help much, TBH, as they just give you a couple seconds to get out of the way before the Scorch shreds all your HP.

First off all all frames take same amount to build and he is 1 of the easiest to get. Price wise he is the cheapest 75 Platinum only. Ember,Volt,Loki,Vauban and Nekros are situational Warframes not every match choice. Accept it.

Ember deals great amounts of damage with WoF, and she can run her &#! off while doing so, covering an entire defense map. Electric Jesus is suspended in air. She only really needs her weapons to deal with the heavy targets WoF doesn't take out. Overheat used to be a wonderful tanking skill. She can be brought to most maps since WoF will kill light units pretty easily. We just need the damage rework to make her fire damage devastating at high levels.

Loki is a god at precise crowd control, as Radial Disarm and clever placement of a Decoy can prevent the Decoy from ever being killed, while herding a bunch of now melee enemies to it, trying to kill it. Think of how you jump on a crate while farming Regor. Also, insanely long Invisibility. He can be used in any situation, with the exception being specifically that the pod is dying and you need to save it now. But if that's happening, you didn't place your Decoys right.

Vauban is also the king of crowd control. His first and second abilities are admittedly useless. But Bastille is still able to suspend many enemies and Vortex is clumping a bunch of enemies into a little pile, just waiting to be cleave-melee'd or killed with AoE attacks.

Nekros? What? His first ability is able to temporarily disable any enemy and deal good damage. His second is an oh-S#&$ button, his third is perfect for keeping his health up, and his fourth is basically a radial Mind Control, acting as both many decoys and good damage if you kill the right heavy units before using it.

[size=5]Also, goddamn it, you act as if other things being just as weak is justification. I could write a couple paragraphs about all these Frames' issues as well, but this is @(*()$ Volt's thread, and they are irrelevant.[/size]