Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Rework For Ash Teleport Which Still Keeps His Actual Use

lautalocos

Right now, teleport is a lot like switch teleport and the skill itself only works for moving trough the map, but because most tilesets and rooms are small it´s easier to just sprint.

My idea is to change teleport into:

BLINK (or dishonored total rip-off)

1 - The skill will teleport you just a few meters (maybe one third of actual teleport max range? it´s hard to tell distances in this game) in the place your crosshair is pointing OR to where your warframe is facing (up to DE), without the need of an enemy.

2 - It would work for both movility and to dodge attacks. it fits too with the ninja style of ash.

3 - It will only cost 15 energy (maybe 10, but it think it´s not enough).

4 - You can use it on mid-air and it´s spammable, so that you can use it to teleport across the room but without the need of an enemy to be around.

5 - It won´t have any silly animations (like the dolphin flip ash does each time he uses teleport).

6 - It could let you keep doing whatever you are doing. this means that if dor example, you are charging your melee attack, you could teleport to get closer to the enemy and unleash the attack.

Please keep the feedback constructive.

Edit: Better explanation

Edited by lautalocos

right now, teleport is a lot like switch teleport, the skill itself only works for moving trough the map and because most tilesets and rooms are small it´s easier to just run to where you want to teleport instead of wasting energy.

So your idea is to change a skill that is based around travelling, to a skill that's entirely based around travelling, to fix teleport from being a travel only skill?

What?

So your idea is to change a skill that is based around travelling, to a skill that's entirely based around travelling, to fix teleport from being a travel only skill?

What?

i guess i didn´t express myself well enough, ill fix that.

it only works for moving around, but the occasion where it´s worth using it to move around are very few.

i would like that the animation is removed, but the rest could stay as it is, otherway it is only used to rush even more through the maps than it is done now ^^

Edit: would be nice if one would have the possebility to charge an melee attack and during the charge one could teleport to the enemy to hit him with the charge.

Edit 2: or maybe let the animation (maybe a shorter version) and add a debuff to the enemy you have teleportet to, that armor is halved or damage is doubled or whatever

Edited by MuhhhhKuh

It would be insanely overpowered. This isn't even a new idea at all. Why do people keep suggesting this? Seriously, you want a Teleport with an incredibly low energy cost, that can take you across rooms (including vertically), AND which can be used while you're in the air? Think about that again for a moment.

If you did, hopefully you'd realise that such an ability would trivialise the parkour, allows you to escape almost all forms of harm whenever you want easily, and the game basically becomes a cakewalk. We already have problems that need addressing with frames doing overpowered things like being immortal, so how about we stop continuing the trend with broken suggestions like this?

Edited by Kaibah

It would be insanely overpowered. This isn't even a new idea at all. Why do people keep suggesting this? Seriously, you want a Teleport with an incredibly low energy cost, that can take you across rooms (including vertically), AND which can be used while you're in the air? Think about that again for a moment.

If you did, hopefully you'd realise that such an ability would trivialise the parkour, allows you to escape almost all forms of harm whenever you want easily, and the game basically becomes a cakewalk. We already have problems that need addressing with frames doing overpowered things like being immortal, so how about we stop continuing the trend with broken suggestions like this?

as i said, it would teleport you a short range (i guess a bit more than rolling distance?). and it would be hardly OP. really, you yourself said that theres abilities that make you inmortal, but an ablity that actually makes moving around fun (and moving around with broken parkour is not fun) is OP. really, is that OP?

Edited by lautalocos

i would like that the animation is removed, but the rest could stay as it is, otherway it is only used to rush even more through the maps than it is done now ^^

Edit: would be nice if one would have the possebility to charge an melee attack and during the charge one could teleport to the enemy to hit him with the charge.

Edit 2: or maybe let the animation (maybe a shorter version) and add a debuff to the enemy you have teleportet to, that armor is halved or damage is doubled or whatever

rushing can already be done by becoming invisible and just running around the map.

that logic could be used in switch teleport, a fun ability, but because it can be used to troll it should be taken away. yeah, just because people use it for the wrong thing it doesn´t mean that it should be scraped.

as i said, it would teleport you a short range (i guess a bit more than rolling distance?). and it would be hardly OP. really, you yourself said that theres abilities that make you inmortal, but an ablity that actually makes moving around fun (and moving around with broken parkour is not fun) is OP. really, is that OP?

I agree with this. If people have a problem with this, then why not also with Nova's SUPER LONG wormhole? This is short ranged people!

Edited by Sorez

never played that game. what does it have to do with this topic?

Blink is a teleport skill that moves you forward a limited distance like in your OP. Good for traveling and going through things.

Honestly if Ash had this skill playing him would be pretty fun.

10 energy is nice. Excal Super Jump is 10 so this should be 10 as well.

well, i said 15 because this skill is more usefull than superjump.

superjump only works for movility, this would work for movility and combat, and 15 is low enough to be used often but not enough to be hyper-spammed

Edited by lautalocos