The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constantly having to verify game launcher after every update

Rem1con

So, I plan on sending a support ticket for this, but I wanted to make a forum post to see if anyone else has been having the same/similar issues.

For whatever reason, whenever the game has to update, it will download the update no problem, and then afterwards indefinitely check for new content. No amount of waiting will ever cause this to change (I even left the launcher open all day once just to check), and trying to close the launcher only results in a crash that leaves me unable to open it again unless i go into my task manager and end the process. Restarting the computer seems to fix this issue, but only about 10-20% of the time.

The only reliable method I've found for fixing this is to go into the options in the launcher and verify the cache. This causes the launcher to crash, forcing me to kill it through task manager, but after opening it up again, it takes a few minutes to verify and then I can open up the game and play no problem.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I've been having to deal with this for almost every update and hotfix that's come out since I got back into the game a bit before Grendel was released. It's getting really annoying to have to dread any update because I always end up having to go through this whole process to get the launcher to work afterwards.