The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Gravitron (Gravity Based)

FableTale

Okay so I just had this train of thought of what would happen if there was a gravity based warframe. This is just a quick character I took a little bit of time to make up so need some feed back

RANK 3 or 4 Mastery rank requirement

NAME --- Gravitron

Health --- 75.0 (225.0 at rank 30)
Power --- 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)
Armor  --- 50.0
Shield Capacity --- 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Shield recharge --- 25

Sprint speed --- 1.2

POLARITIES --- 4x =
              2x V

Aura Polarity --- slash

ABILITIES

-1ST ABILITY: Pressure (25 energy)- Intensifies the gravity of the area where the enemies are causing severe damage.

150 / 225 / 400 / 500 does physics impact and is increased by focus
range of 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 increased by stretch

-2ND ABILITY: Stasis (50/75 energy)- (This is basically the poor man's bastille)

Affects a maximum of 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 enemies. This is affected by Power Strength (Focus).
Range of 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 in-game meters. This is affected by the Power Range (Stretch).
Duration of 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 seconds. This is affected by Power Duration (Continuity, Constitution

-3RD ABILITY: (still thinking of name) (75 energy)- Makes the gravity in the area more intense, causing enemies to be held in place and crushed by its intensity at the same time.

Cost to equip 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 /
Range 10 meters and is increased by stretch
holds enemy in place for a duration of 3 seconds at all levels. Is increased by Continuity, Constitution
Damage 100 / ? / ? / 300. Does physics impact and is increased by focus

-ULTIMATE ABILITY: Blackhole (100 energy): By manipulatin the gravity within the area to a higher degree, Gravitron can form a black hole; sucking in all enemies with in range.

cost to equip 10 / 11 / 12 / 13
Range 5 / 10 / 15  / 20 meters and is increased by stretch
A Black hole in formed on the floor and enemies are sucked into it dealing 1500 physics impact damage and don't come out of the black hole for 3 seconds. Is increased by focus, Continuity, Constitution

This is supposed to be an endgame warframe so if he seems overpowered, that's why

Edited by FableTale

My problems...

1. Gravitron sounds like a Transformer.

2. Abilities 1 and 3 have the same name.

3. All warframes have to be balanced, therefore all warframes are "endgame". Can't make a warframe OP then call "endgame" the reason, because ALL warframes are endgame. Except for Ember.

4. Uninspired abilities, mostly copying Vauban.

5. The 3rd ability is extremely weak for its cost, as I may as well use the 1st ability twice and save energy while getting a better effect.

6. Warframes built entirely around damage are not "endgame" because damaging abilities are dreadful at the endgame.

My problems...

1. Gravitron sounds like a Transformer.

2. Abilities 1 and 3 have the same name.

3. All warframes have to be balanced, therefore all warframes are "endgame". Can't make a warframe OP then call "endgame" the reason, because ALL warframes are endgame. Except for Ember.

4. Uninspired abilities, mostly copying Vauban.

5. The 3rd ability is extremely weak for its cost, as I may as well use the 1st ability twice and save energy while getting a better effect.

6. Warframes built entirely around damage are not "endgame" because damaging abilities are dreadful at the endgame.

I have to edit point 2 forgot about that.

True uninspired abilities but this was quickly thought up to see feedback and I get the gist of what you are saying

Ember is not balanced is that what you are saying?

hey, it sounds like it's more than meets the eye... :l (btw there is something that auctially exists that sounds like a transformer, its called a magnettron-its in ur microwave... i hope this inspires some better idea's(NOT SAYING UR IDEA'S ARE BAD!)... or look up kugel blitz... or the pillars of creation... or the rarest thing in the universe, it happens when two black holes trap eachother in their own gravity and circle around eachother, not consuming eachother but not moving away either... it destroys galaxy's but removing time from them, and it (according to Einstein) has the mass of an entire galaxy... also check out my waframe idea :D its under "wolf warframe".) i hope this helps :D also look up these terms: captivation bubble, kugel blitz, photon sphere, event horizon, dumb hole, and RMV- 1/2GMVR~TMV... that last one is an equation that could get u a Nobel prize :D

At the moment, I don't know how to help you with the name but here are my suggestions:

1. For the first ability, I'm thinking you should just place some kind of vacuum force wherever you aim, like a wall for example. That way, when an enemy is sucked towards and then impacts the wall, they could take more damage the further they are when they're sucked towards the target. Sort of like Mag's Pull.

2. Scrap Stasis. Like you said, it's pretty much Bastille, not to mention it's pretty redundant with the third ability, which...

3. ...in my opinion you should name something like "Encumber" and change it so that it's more focused on duration than damage.

4. As for the ultimate, it's far too redundant with Vauban's Vortex (which is unfortunate because it just makes since for a gravity-based Warframe to have). Not to say you should forget it though, maybe you could change it so that the damage is based on enemies colliding with each other and even explosive barrels (although if you do that it might be better to role-reverse it with Vortex anyway...).

Then again, maybe you could just think about it this way: if you make a black-hole in the middle of a ship, you're pretty much screwed anyways. I'm thinking then that you could do a flash of suction sort of thing where in that moment, everyone in x radius collides for y damage per collision. Hell, maybe you could just make a black-hole for a very short time that sucks everyone in a not-so-large radius and sends them to another dimension. I don't know honestly... good luck with that one.

5. Like others here said, there's no reason to imbalance this Warframe for the endgame. All you have to do is mod him.

Edited by Novashank

Thank you everyone for the name suggestions lol. I just liked gravitron because it was gravity based. eg Ember = fire, Frost = ice.

Also I'm noticing mag and vauban seems to have "gravity based" moves. It doesn't even seem like mag is magnet based now that everyone is bringing it up.

Anyways I'm just doing this for fun. I still have 2 more warframe ideas; water based and earth based. That's for another time though

Personally I would like a frame that is more dynamic with skills that can be coupled with other skills to make it even better like the radial spear + bullet magnet or has strategic low costing skills. Enough with the boring Ult has a debuff and does AOE damage or this shoots a projectile!

In short I want another fun and diverse frame like Vauban

Also, please can we have multiple skills that have low costs around 25-50 instead of the standard fare 25,50,75,100

recommendations

nerf it a bit

give it a move that makes enemies float....fall... up again......harder.........yet even higher.........and even harder, a 4 move

also give it a move that slows everything in a huge range, a 3 move

add a move that makes enemies crush into themselves, a 1 move

and also let it modify the ambient to protect himself (like a wall of steel teared from the floor) this is obviously a 2 move