Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata Build Options?

KamaNightfire

I'm looking for some feedback, as I can't find a up-to-date damage calculator to help me with this D:

I'm torn between switching out Electric/Ice/Fire damage modifications in place for Crit Damage Modifications instead. I'm wanting the most damage I can get out of a single clip against all Factions.

Am I better off have a 560% Critical Damage Multiplier with a 37.5% to Critical on my Grakata, or Better off with 3 individual Elemental Modifications instead to deal extra damage with only a 15% chance to crit and 200% Critical Damage Multiplier? *The Crit chance can change if I happen to come across Critical Delay Modification, lowering my Crit Damage*

Taking Into account i'll be using a the Obvious R9 Serration/Heavy Caliber/Split-Chamber and AP modifications already, as well as the correct Bane Modification for each Faction. Also assuming I aim for weakspots for each Faction. Is this a good DPS build for any faction or should crits be switched out for elementals against specific Factions?

Thanks for any information you all do happen to give me, I'm looking forward to the Armor Revamp and until then I'd like to be at my best when playing :P

P.S. Not switching to Soma, Grakata 24/7.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

all faction weakness elemental damage falls off at higher levels as we kinow so id definitely focus on high crit damage build then you would be doing raw but high bullet type damage (and ap) and as a bonus youd get stun from hammershot as utility 

if u have a rhino and nova on your team even better not to mention a banshee with the crit build

elemental build might be better for that "sweet spot" versus a certain faction level where they still take a fair amount of damage from it but it would be a lower level anyways and pretty easy to kill with anything

I would think that Heavy Caliber (which, btw, doesn't make any sense, caliber describes the width of the bullet/barrel and has nothing to do with weight) would be hell on the Grakata with its already high recoil. On topic, I'm pretty sure crit is the best way to build the Grakata. 

No matter how you mod it, Grakata still sucks.

I LOVE the Grakata and will probably never get rid of it, but I agree.  I switched to the Soma for serious work and only use the Grakata while slumming with lowbies for fun.

Edit: That said, for long term play, I also vote for using a crit chance + multiplier build over an elemental damage one, especially with a high enough split chamber.  You already have maxed serration, point strike, piercing shot, and split chamber, so as long as you have the basic elemental mods to add the elemental effects you want for cc or shield depletion or whatnot, critical damage is probably the way to go once crit chance is maxed.

I would need an up to date damage calculator to be sure though, and up to date stats.

Edited by Salvo1

Critical Delay seems rather common, at least for me, so it shouldn't be hard to get. 
You'll want to maximize your crit chance and crit damage with grakata. 
Point Strike and Critical Delay. 
You may also want shred for puncture and to counteract Critical Delays fire rate reduction(It's what I do with the Soma. I know, Somaswagwagon rider right here.)
Unless you don't mind firing off 12.8 shots instead of 20(Which might suit you better with all that recoil you're going to face). 

Critical Delay seems rather common, at least for me, so it shouldn't be hard to get. 

You'll want to maximize your crit chance and crit damage with grakata. 

Point Strike and Critical Delay. 

You may also want shred for puncture and to counteract Critical Delays fire rate reduction(It's what I do with the Soma. I know, Somaswagwagon rider right here.)

Unless you don't mind firing off 12.8 shots instead of 20(Which might suit you better with all that recoil you're going to face). 

Not sure If I want to use Crit Delay or not, depends if I want to fire less shots upclose for a 7.5% more crit chance or switch both of those for 60% more crit damage. which on 200% is 120% more damage.

Edited by Hermaphrodite