Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CP controller not fully funtional

all_together_gamer

I play on both PC and switch and use my pro controller for both platforms. on the switch every thing works as entended but on PC it is another story. when i am in arc wing mode and i press the slide/roll/blink butten as labled in the controller setting on PC i can roll and slide on the ground but when im in arc wing or razor wing i am unable to blink.

also, over on switch when driving the railjack im able to use the D pad to bring up the tatical menu and back camra views. the D pad on PC does absolutly nothing. the vector manuver that is on the L butten also does not work aswell. 

lastly the running for all mods when pushing the righ stick in is vary clunky and using the 2nd dary fire modes with the left stick press sometime forcing the camra to shift to fast the roof 1/5 times i use it. this makes most 2nd fire mods unusable for me.

i have tested this with both a switch and a PS4 controller on PC and have the same issues across both, so im confident that xbox controllers have these issues as well. 

i would love to see these issues adressed so i do not have to play with a controller and a keyboard at the same time. i got tired of having to put the controller down so i had to learn how to play warframe on PC with my feet so adress the issue but this is not practical for the long run 

Edit: i do play warframe though steam so these issues might be do to using them instead of a direct portal. i have been asking around to other PC players and some of the Xbox controller players do not have these issues

Edited by all_together_gamer

I use the Xbox Elite 2.

If you are running it through Steam, that’s the reason. Nothing on WFs end.

I ended up abandoning running it through Steam bc there were so many issues like that. You can fix it tho, by remapping in Steam to activate legacy keys when pressing the controller. Like left bumper is Shift for example. But trust me, easier to just connect it not through Steam by deactivating the controller in there.

I do miss the keybind options tho. But works sooooooo much smoother now and less input lag for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

i have uninstalled warframe though steam and then reinstalled it out side of steam. but steam is still hijacking the controller and even less works now. warframe in practly unplayable on PC in this condition.

removed all traces of warframe from steam and the computer as well now. reinstalling again to try once more. 

i did a little digging when deletting everything warframe from steam and my whole computer. DE never updated the controller set up with steam so steam users have no acess to blink or any updated content controlls. this meaning railjack arcwing ect. if DE changed it in the game past 2018 steam users cant do it

I give up. DE you win i quite warframe on PC i refuse to play with mouse and keyboard it hurts my hands to much and my controller is now in worse shape then before. warframe is not unplayable for me with out a controller. it no longer works

ok, i gave this one last go before fully giving up. i had to remape the buttens though steam it self, using legacy controllers for them to work correctly
left bumper needed to be legacy left shift and left ctrl for slide/crouch/blink
left D pad needed to be changed to L  to bring up the tatical menu for the rail jack
right now i have only not been able to change over to the gear weel over to the emote weel