Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Warframe Ability Brainstorm

Cobalt313

Had an idea for abilities to submit for the community Warframe, as one does, and figured I'd submit it here first for drafting and feedback before entering it officially. Kinda going for a theme of taking advantage of their incomplete-ness to basically assimilate parts taken from enemies to buff themselves and/or use the power of the Void to transmute said parts into missing health, energy, and ammo.

Passive: Reactive Adaptation- gains stacks of damage reduction based on missing health, which are lost when health is restored.

ALTERNATELY: Base stats start out low, but stat mods offer bonus flat increases to ability stats and ability mods vice versa for base stats.

1: Extends arm forward to impale enemies, hold to tear pieces off to add to yourself at the cost of a longer cast time and/or additional energy. Depending on whether damage was dealt to health, shields, or armor, gain a stack of Salvaged Health, Salvaged Shields, or Salvaged Armor, which provide bonus Max Health, Max Shields, or Armor, respectively. Ability Strength increases damage dealt and possibly benefits of each stack, Ability Range increases... well, range; Ability Duration increases duration and/or maximum number of total Salvage stacks that can be held at a time.

2: Tap to cycle between Salvaged Health, Salvaged Armor, or Salvaged Shield; hold to consume one of that respective stack (if any) to grant a temporary buff based on the consumed stack type:
    Salvaged Health- Restores health at the cost of bonus max health
    Salvaged Shields- Restores energy at the cost of bonus max shield
    Salvaged Armor- Restores ammunition at the cost of bonus armor
Ability Strength increases returns for each buff, duration increases duration of buff. Range probably has no effect unless benefits are offered to nearby allies as well, either as a part of the base ability or an Augment.

3: Toggle to drain energy over time to restore energy of allies within radius, as well as increase ability range and casting speed and add bonus Void damage to all abilities. Ability Strength increases bonus Void damage and amount of energy restored to allies, Ability Range increases energy restore radius and ability range bonus, Ability Duration reduces energy consumption rate.

4: Consumes all stacks of Salvage to eject a mass of sword-flesh spikes and Void energy tendrils in a cone in front of him- either from his chest or from his arm Akira-style- impaling and dealing Finisher damage to all caught within, range and damage scaling with the number of stacks used regardless of type. When this mass withdraws, each enemy struck grants the Warframe a new stack of Salvage for each health type they possess, and enemies killed while impaled (either by the attack itself or the efforts of allies) also grant their respective benefits for consuming a stack of Salvage of the appropriate type. Ability Damage increases damage dealth, Ability Range increases width of cone, Ability Duration increases length of cone.

As I said this is just the first draft; I'm more or less happy with the core concept I have here, but I am willing to take feedback on the finer details and/or potential balancing issues that will need addressing. May or may not actually come up with names for these abilities later. So what do you all think?

EDIT 1: Added a second passive to consider, mostly in keeping with the mish-mashed nature of the Frame itself.

Edited by Cobalt313