Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing 'Rush' mission could be re-worked.

UilliamNebel

I am sure that it seemed a great idea in concept. Actual execution of it is frustrating, unfun, and just not that enjoyable. As usual, sudden drop in, and A TICKING CLOCK! Oh my, this will add tension to the mission, not be a fun and immersion destroying trope from 1990s console era. Oh good, constant things limiting my speed, and unclear directions, why this will surely make this an amazingly cinematic experience... That I might enjoy if watching a movie for a first time, not having to repeat, again, and again, and again, and again, with the horrid failure conditions. Also, no, no just let me shoot the transports, since I am on a clock, not try and hit something orbiting them, as I hate the game more by the second and think about just not playing more and more as I come across content like this put in my way for grind, to what seems a growingly smaller, and smaller amount of content I'll actually enjoy and be worth getting through these time and micro transaction barriers to experience.

Please remove from Starchart, no nice way to say, mission is horrid, and what makes players think developers do not play their own games. No really, this thing is awful, and should have never been released. I don't blame the developer, I blamed who signed off on it to go out to players. Timer on mission is too short, frustrating, and shows a complete disconnect from wanting to put out a quality play experience. Its just bad, bad and unredeemable, and only, only because like a lot of other parts in the game, absolute fail conditions tied to count downs of a frustratingly short duration.

You get nowhere near enough time, and practice as a new player with the Archwing before getting to this mission on Phobos. More so, flying in the map, with quite frankly horrid, and poorly thought out navigational cues, or even an interface to support navigation like this, through a ship filled with gotcha sticking points on a speed run isn't fun especially when the person who signed off on the time limit obviously NEVER PLAYED IT as it be released! No really, how the Hell did this mission get light of day with the timer this frustratingly short, and the navigation through the wrecked ship this narrow from the extermination mission on Venus using the same tile set? Why was the archwing's clearance for flying about the wreck made tighter here, to the point mistakes are always compounded and cost you the mission, or flying past the CRITICAL TARGETS getting lost in a visual mess?

There is just so much wrong with this, and its obvious development resources wont be used to retune it to be proper, and to the quality it should, so it should in fairness to the player base be removed entirely.

It's definitely quite difficult when you've never gone through it before. Once you've done a couple of those the timer is a joke and you'll finish with loads of time on your hand.

I think the timer isn't really adding anything to the mission, so I wouldn't mind if it was taken out.

For the time being though, you might want to make it a public game and let more experienced players rush you through that thing.

This is why DE needs to introduce a survival mission for archwing. Give players the opportunity to gain some xp, level up the weapons and progress! Don't know of anyone that actually enjoys archwing missions, but a survival mission would definitely help for those who need practice and those who just wanna max their things.

• Like 1