Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Hooks

BlackCat500

There are many things I would love to see changed about the infested as a faction, one of those things are the annoying ancient hooks. With their increasing spawnrate overtime and multiple existing types, as opposed to scorpions on the grineer faction, on top of the even more annoying knockdowns as of the rework in general, these have always been and will always be the bane of many people's existence.

I thought about it for a while and figured scorpions may be okay having such a skill, but what if the infested version of the hook was changed into a temporary stagger (I'm talking a micro stun of around 0.3s or so) that will still very much interrupt your bullet jumping shenanigans or skills. It would be a very large improvement over what we have right now and not significantly change it. I know it synergizes with the melee units of the infested faction to have a drag, but I am of the personal opinion that just buffing infested damage was the wrong move in the first place and they should have more unit variety instead of just being mindless beasts (they have a clever enough hive mind either way, capable of speech)!

A second idea on top of this would be to open a 0.5-1s time window during which you can press the use button (X by default I believe) to make your warframe grab the hook and pull the ancient with it, forcing it to faceplant (same animation as being knocked down from behind).

What do you guys think? Are you fine with how the infested hook works right now, or do you perhaps have a different idea in mind? Let everybody know!