Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon special effects in weapon's descriptions

Zoh_Veldae

Some weapons in the game have special effects that are independent from mods and unique to that weapon. Some are very noticeable, others are so obscure that few people even realize they're there.

My suggestion is to follow the example of a certain other videogame about souls, flames and a sun-worshiping bucket helmet knight that I am not allowed to name in these forums and include the name and description of such effects in the weapon's item description.

Examples:

Telos Boltor

Description- Bring down judgement, with this Boltor crafted by the Arbiters of Hexis.

Special effect: Truth

-Accumulate affinity gains while this weapon is wielded. After enough affinity is accumulated, unleashes a radial explosion dealing Gas damage to enemies, restoring the user's Health and temporarily improving their Parkour maneuvers.

Lesion

Description- An instrument of unrelenting harm.

Special effect: Contagion Leak

- Whenever a Status Effect is successfully applied with this weapon's attacks, this weapon will temporarily gain additional Toxin damage and Attack Speed.

Kogake Prime

Description- Deliver a golden knockout with these prime melee weapons.

Special effect: Golden Stride

- While this weapon is wielded, the user will have slightly increased Sprint Speed.

Names for the effects of the latter 2 weapons are just something I came up with on the spot as they aren't named in-game, but the effect's themselves do exist currently in-game. The Warframe-specific signature weapon effects could also use this system to better highlight their existence. It's not something vital, but it would help polish up weapon descriptions and give some flavour to it.

Edited by Zoh_Veldae
gaffe
  • Like 2