The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[PS4 | Update: 27.4.3] Cannot use any Warframe's first ability if bound to square

Hi DE,

Since this latest update the square button longer works when I bind the warframes first ability (Ability A) to the square button, I have been using this setup for several years but once this update went live I can no longer use it. I confirmed it is not my controller that is broken by changing this with the context action option confirming I can use the first ability if bound to another key and the context option if bound to the square key.

Edit 1: set everything back to defaults, then tested with all of the abilities in the square button, then tried several different warframes and it is the same behaviour. Using my current bindings it is not possible at all for me to use the first ability this way.
As an additional test I bound abilities to square inside the ability menu worked but this is indirectly through another button.

Edit 2: while in a mission trying to use first ability with a gun which has a magazine triggered the reload, which indicates the reload or context action is actually bound.

Controller layout attached.
IMG-6024.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Severed_Infinity
Additional testing done