Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Know when to fuse em and know when to hold em Kuva Weapon Edition

(XBOX)Catch Lightning

Question

I've been working on a list of my Kuva Weapons: what element I have them in, what I want in them, and the math needed to get to 60%. I figured I'd share with the community my list in its current state. I suggest everyone setup a list like this is a notes app on their phone or something they frequently use and know well to quickly check. I sorted from highest % to lowest.

I also decided which elements I felt were best for each (personal preference of course but the community generally agrees rad and toxic are typically best). (Ayanga is only in magnetic because I bought it from someone for the Vengeful Pull ephemera and since Ayanga is weaker than Grattler I see no reason to work on it). 

Ogris is in fire because fire procs benefit from the initial proc doing high damage so it will stack with Nightwatch Napalm and make Nightwatch Napalm more than just CC but do some CRAZY damage adding 15% of weapon damage with each proc to the 60% weapon damage starting proc. 

Headings are bold and underlined and subheadings underlined. Take careful note of the italicized section when doing fusion with weapons with lower percents than one you already have.

Owned

Radiation:
Bramma 60%
Seer 51.7%
Drakgoon 33.2% (both about 32 so keep on burner)
Brakk 26%

Toxic:
Nukor 59%
Quartakk 48.1%
Twin Stubbas 45.1%
Karak 38.8%
Shideg 38.4%
Chakkhurr 38.2%

Magnetic:
Ayanga 59% 

Fire:
Ogris 43.0%

Want

Radiation:
Tonkor

Toxic:
Hind
Kraken

Needs a buff:
Drakgoon (too bad I have one)
Kohm (skip it for now)

In Foundry:
Drakgoon

Made of How Many Lich Weapons?:
Maxed or near maxed 57%-60%:
Bramma 2
Nukor 1
Ayanga 1

Pretty high 45.1%-54.6%: ie. +10% almost maxed or max
Seer 51.7%->56.9%->62.5% (2 needed at most)
Quartakk 48.1%->52.9%->58.2%->64.0% (3 needed at most)
Twin Stubbas 45.1%->49.6%->54.6%->60.0% (3 needed at most)

Note: 45.1% is the minimum (not 45.0%) meaning the item will need no more than 3 fusions. 49.6% is minimum for no more than two fusions.

Not Maxed and not on the way <45%:
Chakkur 2 (38.2%)

You may notice 54.7%-56.9% is in a weird spot. At that point adding any weapon will net less than a 10% bonus to cap at 60% but may still be worth it in my opinion. I haven't encountered one there yet but would probably not worry about upgrading it immediately. 

I also noted that the Kuva Drakgoon and Kuva Kohm are actually WEAKER than their standard variants in most scenarios due to massively reduced damage for Drakgoon which can't reliably crit to compensate and Kohm which has worse falloff and was already pretty inaccurate so crit won't help much. I'd wait on these two to see a buff. I also don't believe the Nukor hype even with my 59% one and so I doubt it will get nerfed. That said don't build for too much status on it since most statuses cap out at 10 procs and it reaches that easy at 150% status chance with three different elements on it for me. Only the niche Harrow Avenger Build makes the Nukor a god weapon and it really limits your options on a weapon who's chains don't like to headshot. I haven't decided on a good all around Nukor build yet. Adding maxed primed pistol crit mods only double your effective DPS on Kuva Nukor (which is less than just slapping in Barrel Diffusion).

Addendum:

For weapons with unsatisfactory percents <45% and especially beneath 35%< you may choose to leave them in your Foundry without collecting so you can fuse them at the end to create 10% bonuses or you may choose to convert the Lich just because. This preserves weapon inventory slots and gives you an ally in missions sometimes. Be aware it may annoy some people to constantly see the foundry done building icon in the top right of the screen. You do get to keep the Lich ephemera if you convert and you can sell the Lich too for someone else to have their weapon as well as a COPY of their ephemera. Be aware Liches can only be traded ONCE they cannot be RESOLD EVER even if you convert them after buying them from someone else.

Edited by (XB1)Catch Lightning
Typo and addendum

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet