Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich system (Stealing your rewards is not fun)

ScottJames

Ohh the lovely kuva lich, the bait for ignorant players (such as me) who didn't have an idea of what could happen after you executed a larva...

Been discussing this topic on Steam recently and decided to come here, the lich system shouldn't be the type ''press the button and see what happens next'' instead it should be like some sort of quest, such as the railjack, somewhere safe for passive players like me, who just enjoy to sit, relax and farm stuff without having to worry about someone stealing most of your stuff including rare items such as orokin catalyzers, reactors, mods, resources, etc (Maybe prime parts and riven mods too but i haven't confirmed that).

That, and the fact that the missions are high level, are the things that make me dislike this system...i was pointing out on Steam that the system should be ''optional''...Well, plenty of people came to me saying it was actually optional, but it's easy to say it's optional the second time after you defeat your first lich.

As a beginner when you're introduced to the larva (who will later become your nightmare) you are completely ignorant of what it is capable of doing, or what's capable of happening...so you see an enemy with an ''execute me plz'' symbol on their heads, and you'll just go for it, why not?, been executing plenty of enemies when you had the chance just because the animations are pretty cool right?

After the curiosity killed the cat you realise you'll be stuck with the lich until you kill it, so you try to defeat it, plenty of times you fail to kill him to then realize you have to grind requiem relics, get some mods, equip them in the right order and then go after it. The thing is, once you have your lich there you're forced to go defeat it if you don't want your stuff to be stolen, there's no way to quit if you don't enjoy it.

So i'm forced to grind this kuva lich system in order to get rid of my lich and make things come back to normal? what if i don't wanna do so?, i personally dislike this system and don't want to be forced to finish it in order to make things come back to normal and not get my stuff stolen everytime, it's stressful and it ruins my farming experience...I'd rather if it was more of a quest where you choose to continue or quit, or ignore it without losing anything you work hard to earn.

I respect whoever enjoys the idea of the Lich system, i just want to publicly point out my thoughts about it.

• Like 3

A confirmation prompt when finishing off a larvling would be very helpful.  Both for people who don't know the system, and for people who do know it but stop thinking when in a mission and just boop anything they get a prompt for.  Perhaps something like...

"This is an important enemy, if you finish it off it will become very powerful and seek you out, are you sure you want this as your nemesis?" and display the weapon in the prompt.

• Like 1