Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested improvement: Kavat genetic codes

(PSN)Noavd

With the nightwave update last year some things were changed. Some very good and a lot of fun some very bad almost maddening. The farming of genetic codes was one of the very bad ones. The nightwave in general is a pretty fun idea (I'm not trying to hate on it) but when it comes to farming a lot of genetic codes it is quite infuriating. DE had the right intentions by changing the spawn rate for kavats that drop a genetic code from 15% to 25%. But the problem with it is that there is a big chance you won't even get a single code even after making sure you scan each and every kavat. 
Even if you equipped the Cross-Matrix Widget. I believe this can be resolved by changing a few small things (still not making it too easy to farm but with some added stability)

I propose the following solutions:

• Let one kavat in the mission drop it guaranteed. 
  • Make it available in the nightwave for creds.
  • Bring back the old alert for 5 codes.
  • Raise the drop percentage to something like 50%.
  • A weekly alert for 5 genetic codes.
  • Something like a kubrow den in the derelict but for kavats.

One kavat Per Mission Drops It Guaranteed:

One kavat each mission drops a genetic code guaranteed. This wil make sure when you go into the mission, you know beforehand you wil receive at least one code, if you scan all kavats. In my opinion the best solution as this one doesn't make it easier to acquire them all (its still takes a long time) but it improves the reliability. And i think it's one of the least requiring solutions on the list. (tell me if i'm wrong) it also makes sure the difficulty of receiving codes is about the same level as it is now.

Availability In The Nightwave Cred Offerings:

You are able to purchase either a few or one at a time at the cost of creds. In my opinion this is the worst one because it defeats the whole farming aspect. The difficulty goes from being relatively hard to get to being easier than buying them with platinum. Also this would be available for everyone and would make it way to easy to get.

Old Alert:

The old alert was fine but it has the same problems as with the nightwave cred offerings. Though you could make it on a higher level missions (players can be taxi'd but they can do the same now)

Raise Drop Percentage:

This one i think is easiest to achieve but makes it again very easy to get (not as easy as the nightwave or old alert) it also makes the percentage high enough to take advantage of.

Weekly Alert:

Same problems as the old alert only limited to a weekly amount.

Kavat Den:

This is the most time and resource consuming I think (DE needs to make a den texture and mesh, make den spawning locations, make a new drop rate system etc.) This would be a good solution, but again no real stability only a higher chance to get a code. Also lore-wise it doesn't really make sense because the kubrow eggs are in the dens because they are being hatched with the genetic code you can't really do that.

Any opinions on this?

Edited by (PS4)Noavd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think your ideas are good. Combining a few of them I think would be ideal. As you did, it would be more time consuming for the devs, but I think making some kind of scanable (a den, dead kavat i_i, kavat droppings, non enemy kavat, something like that) that is located somewhere in every derelict mission like the cephalon fragments that when scanned gives a kavat dna fragment would be great. You still have to look for it in mission and you can potentially get more than the 1 fragment by scanning the kavat enemies but if you put in the effort it won't be wasted.