The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Armor Mods Effective?

bptamblyn

Question

I've been stacking armor mods on Rhino to see how tanky I could get. The thing is I've got over 300% increase in armor mods and when I test the dmg I take against my friends Frost w/ no armor mods, we take the same dmg. Is the armor broken? Am I missing something? I can't find any info on this subject. If anyone has experience/info please let me know.

13 answers to this question

Value of armor mods on frames is really dependant on the base armor value of the frame. 150 base like the frost and rhino makes armor mods have a noticable effect. Base armor 10 like many frames have you can stack +500% armor from mods using a bunch of your mod slots and get a whole 60 total armor which still makes you quite squishy.

So this guy gets 81% damage reduction to his health? That's nuts!

(Assuming 150 armor is correct with 300% bonus.)

I just found out that the mods are multiplicative and not addative, so I have well over 300% increase. As a guage I tested the lazers in the doorways and they hit me for about 30 when i was down to just hp.

Wonderful, Thank you sir.

Props not for me, found this info somewhere on this forums, don't remember experimentator's name though.

Also,

I just found out that the mods are multiplicative and not addative, so I have well over 300% increase. As a guage I tested the lazers in the doorways and they hit me for about 30 when i was down to just hp.

, are you totally sure? I thought mods were remade to stack additively atm. Well, I guess we should just wait for proper character stats window...

Edited by Dreamwalk3r