Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tracking Scan-ables

afoolwithmagic

I think it would be great to integrate the ability to track a selected scan-able Item/enemy with a fully completed codex scan. This could mean a more in-depth mini-map of items and enemies with unique icons for tough enemies or rare resources and containers. Or it could let you track an individual object or enemy using the scanner like hunting a synthesis target. This will allow more of a purpose to scanning items and enemies to completion, as well as giving a progression system that will benefit you the more effort you put in it.

28 minutes ago, afoolwithmagic said:

I think it would be great to integrate the ability to track a selected scan-able Item/enemy with a fully completed codex scan.

See, based on the title I thought you were meaning track how many scans to completion needed on the HUD.

Your suggestion feels a little pointless. The only use I can see is to 'check if rare container is present'. I cannot see another use for it. And even then, it is likely that there would be distance limit on it - otherwise people would just insta-quit when they found it was missing.

31 minutes ago, afoolwithmagic said:

This will allow more of a purpose to scanning items and enemies to completion, as well as giving a progression system that will benefit you the more effort you put in it.

For at least 95% of the items this would not be the case. Do you care how many butchers, or MOAs, or Shield Ospreys are on a mission? I really don't. Perhaps if you allow an increased rare item drop rate, or increased affinity for something fully scanned. 

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Perhaps if you allow an increased rare item drop rate, or increased affinity for something fully scanned. 

That's also a cool Idea. 

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Your suggestion feels a little pointless. The only use I can see is to 'check if rare container is present'. I cannot see another use for it. And even then, it is likely that there would be distance limit on it - otherwise people would just insta-quit when they found it was missing.

That's a good point. It would still be useful for rarer resources like argon. Though I do see the limited case of use.

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Do you care how many butchers, or MOAs, or Shield Ospreys are on a mission? I really don't.

It would help with highlighting difficult or unique enemies like nullifiers and nox (maybe even arbi drones). It'll be a little bit more quality of life.

16 minutes ago, afoolwithmagic said:

That's a good point. It would still be useful for rarer resources like argon. Though I do see the limited case of use.

I imagine there would be range restrictions involved, so it may not actually be better than just running through with an Ignis.

You do also have to consider that people just use infinite scanners with a Helios to scan everything. Its not like there is any effort involved in it. So do we need to be rewarded?

17 minutes ago, afoolwithmagic said:

It would help with highlighting difficult or unique enemies like nullifiers and nox (maybe even arbi drones). It'll be a little bit more quality of life.

Depends on how it is implemented. If you had to use a scanner to see them it would be pointless. There is no benefit if you have to go totally unarmed to find a "difficult" enemy. Perhaps in an organised squad using voice chat. But that is fairly limited in-game (I have met two people ever that use it).

Honestly, I would be happy if they just gave us posters of what we had scanned (free and unlimited). Ideally free articular (use only for scanned thing) to make battle scenes, but that is too much work.