Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on dispelling Kuva Liches

Lightel03

Dispelling Liches

As a first of all, obviously this cannot happen in a nemesis system, the Lich was created and ordered especifically to kill you, no bribing is going to make him stop.

But secondly, I think most of us can empathize with someone whom wants to get rid of their Lich but doesn`t want to deal with the grind. 

What makes this dispel suggestion so numerous, especially here in forums, comes from the reward structure of the Liches. The rewards from interacting with them only come when he is beaten (a kuva weapon or ally), as in after all the grind is over the player gets rewarded for using the system, not throughout it (there is kuva when you stab him, but that can barely even be considered a reward compared to kuva weapons or an AI ally). Couple this with the fact that while you are grinding, the Lich steals resources from you. 

These things make having an active Lich be more of a burden to get rid of rather than a challenge, in SoW fighting a nemesis was an epic battle, but in WF it`s a long and tedious grind that puts the player in a disadvantage through the entire journey of trying to kill him. 

As for a fix, I don`t really have an idea, but I do have a guideline, that is to make interacting with an active Lich a rewarding experience depending on the players actions.

Tl:Dr - Instead of adding a way to dispel Liches, we should instead make it so having an active Lich can be a rewarding thing depending on the players input.

• Like 3