Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

Which stats are you breeding for?

All of them. So far I have a bunch of hp/atk/spdef/spe ones, breeding to get the last two.

Mence likes having all it's stats, and considering what it has done to my opponents, I'm inclined to let it have them.

Also, my fc is on the front page, and the last thing in my fs is barbanicle

All of them. So far I have a bunch of hp/atk/spdef/spe ones, breeding to get the last two.

Mence likes having all it's stats, and considering what it has done to my opponents, I'm inclined to let it have them.

Also, my fc is on the front page, and the last thing in my fs is barbanicle

Yeah, I added you a while back.

Which stats do you think would go best with Salamence, after Bagon's evolution?

Yeah, I added you a while back.

Which stats do you think would go best with Salamence, after Bagon's evolution?

Depends which variation of mence you want to run.

Typically I go with attack and speed, since scarf moxiemence runs outrage/dclaw, earthquake, flamethrower/fireblast and a filler move.

You can run a bulky Dragon dance set with intimidate, but you are going to need roost for that.

Mence can also go mixed with life orb, fully special, or even run a pretty decent wall set.

But 252 atk 252 spe 4hp/spatk is your best bet

Depends which variation of mence you want to run.

Typically I go with attack and speed, since scarf moxiemence runs outrage/dclaw, earthquake, flamethrower/fireblast and a filler move.

You can run a bulky Dragon dance set with intimidate, but you are going to need roost for that.

Mence can also go mixed with life orb, fully special, or even run a pretty decent wall set.

But 252 atk 252 spe 4hp/spatk is your best bet

To be honest, I never cared much nor really noticed this evolution in Pokémon. While I managed to play up to Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, I was still unaware of anything and the competitive scene was non-existent for me, as I mainly bred or just fought casually with friends.

I guess I could say that I lost track of time in the Pokémon universe. The only thing that I still know a bit of is type weaknesses and strengths, but it wouldn't help me much having non-fully trained, random Pokémon in my party.

Is X or Y worth getting? I haven't played since 3rd gen and feel kinda silly/weird even considering playing pokemon at my age.

I'd be buying a 3DS just for X/Y and probably wouldn't get any other games.

Yay, nay?

Depends on what you're aiming for.

I find it that 45€ is too much for a small game. You take a few hours between the first few badges, then the others are just a rush. There's barely anything to add to it, besides random NPCs' that give you pieces of information about the story-line, which seems rather weak, items and friendly NPCs' that follow you and fight you.

The only thing that I really wanted was the new online system, which took ages; the neat, new graphics; mega-evolution, though it seems to be a random few of them.

To be honest, I never cared much nor really noticed this evolution in Pokémon. While I managed to play up to Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, I was still unaware of anything and the competitive scene was non-existent for me, as I mainly bred or just fought casually with friends.

I guess I could say that I lost track of time in the Pokémon universe. The only thing that I still know a bit of is type weaknesses and strengths, but it wouldn't help me much having non-fully trained, random Pokémon in my party.

I've been playing against others competitively on Sims since gen 4.

With the revamped online system I am more inclined to play on the ds, if only to crush the dreams of 12 year old casuls who love their mcy, and think it i. The best thing ever.

Is X or Y worth getting? I haven't played since 3rd gen and feel kinda silly/weird even considering playing pokemon at my age.

Yay, nay?

You're never too old for anything that sparks your interests. Society is what makes you feel like a child or too old to do something. 

Pokemon X/Y is worth it in my opinion. Like JRMC the game can feel rushed. But pokemon's true adventure really begins after you beat the elite four and unlock the extra features and locations. It's more of a self motivating be the best you can be kind of game.

Speaking not getting any other games. Do you like Monster Hunter? Cause if you do I STRRRROONGLY recommend you get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's awesome! Like any other Monster Hunter game, just magnificent. 

Yay, nay?

to be fair, 4th and 5th gen got kinda weird (I mean audino, lickilicky? come on. guess 5th gen wasn't too bad, but they both seemed like deviations), but X&Y are pretty awesome. every generation the menus become more user-friendly (going back to Black 2 for a bit was weird, and I remember experiencing the same thing going back from Black2 to heartgold for a bit. everything just seems so clunky)

the storyline isn't the best, but mega evolutions are cool, and I never really played pokemon for the story anyway (not the main games, at least. shoutout to Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time. like dis if u cry evertime). I'm big into breeding, and in the past generations just the battle frontier-style stuff, but now that online battles are way more accessible and X&Y seems to be promoting more global connectivity and interaction, its really quite amazing. this generation introduced the fewest new pokemon (pretty sure, at least. its around 70, more generations had at least 100), but they did introduce mega evolutions, which are quite cool and really bring a new aspect to the game

also the shiny rate increased by a lot this generation, so if you want to find some alt-colored pokemon and just raise those, well, there's a better chance you'll encounter some. I find the pokemon grind more bearable than that of warframe, maybe because there's actually a sort of endgame to look forward to in pokemon, be that the battle frontier style stuff (in this gen its the battle maison) or online competitions. or just randomly battling strangers across the internet (random requests for battles are kinda annoying, I ignored them for the most part, but now that I've started my competitive campaign, I run into a lot of people with around 200 battles, consistently. I've had less than 15, haha, and several of them were just with Elite. I've been biding my time, breeding). but if you're not into the ranking stuff, there are unranked random battles. I still have to get over the ranking stuff, having those losses really bothers me, but I need to move on and just keep battling. you win some, you lose some

on that note, I have to say my team is decent thus far, I'm using some fairly OP S#&$ (megaskhan, namely, but I also rock the aegislash), but I've only really run into trouble in a few situations: pokemon with intimidate. salamence is a popular/notable one, and mega manectric is less popular but is severely underrated. that thing has some speed, and it gains intimidate as well. I got stomped on by a volt/turn core of staraptor and mega manectric, both with intimidate. I also brought the wrong 4 pokemon, but that'll happen. salamence can be annoying because of its movepool, since it can be a mixed attacker or dragon dancer, and those play quite differently. my problem is all my pokemon are physical attackers, and aegislash is the only one who can boost (swords dance). but my team is: megaskhan, klefki, aegislash, talonflame, scizor, and garchomp. decent balance, I've only brought out talonflame once, he's mostly there as a misdirect, but if I really need the fire coverage (like if I ran into my own team) outside of garchomp's fire blast (only really effective for 4x weaknesses, doesn't have much investment in Sp Atk, he's mostly there to counter megaskhan. rough skin+rocky helmet FTW), or flying coverage, then I'll bring him out. klefki's got dual screens, crafty shield, and foul play. got CB scizor, and SD aegislash with shadow sneak and sacred sword for attacking moves. so most pokemon have good neutral coverage. dunno who I'd sub out, and what I'd replace it with. I haven't battled any protean greninjas yet, but he shines in single battles, I think, so you can just kill one enemy and not have to worry about taking a hit. otherwise I could sub one of them in. I have a special attacking aegislash, but this physical SD variant is much more well-rounded. my special aegislash was more of just an aegislash counter. might have to bring in a manectric or salamence of my own. I was considering DD dragonite/salamence, but the can also both run mixed sets, which might be a better fit. any thoughts on the matter? oh, and this team is for the special ratings battles, kalos pokedex-only doubles, so I don't have to worry about all possible threats in this one (no mega chicken or togekiss, for example)

Yes to Monster Hunter. Yes.

Bring monster hunter 4 to EU already!

Sixty5

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

I'm running

Mence, Bisharp, Heatran, gyarados, megalucario and Sylveon.

Works pretty well.

My set is ninjask jirachi(filler),conkeldurr,excadrill,mega-Ttar and alakazam.

Edited by El1te

Once Pokémon Bank is out and running, and I can transfer my stuff from Platinum to Y, I challenge you to an honorable battle sir.

Am I allowed to bring a Breloom?

Also I prefer showdown for battles, still have loads of grinding breeding to do.