Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

Yeah using Talonflame. its the first pokemon i caught :3 3 dratinis now.  i walked like 30 steps after i got my first egg. the daycare guy had egg n2 for me... 50 steps later egg n3.  All three dont have the Nature i need. :/   using the bike, talonflames Flame body and hatching power lv 2 to speed things up.  Edit: Im still not fully understanding it. I now am using a Female dratini with Jolly and max Speed IV  with everstone.. and a male drudigon with max HP att and sp.att  IV's using a Destiny knot ended up with Dratini with max HP and attack... Mhm did i do something wrong?   (From what i gather about Destiny knot on Bulbapedia is that it brings over from both parents.  or just the writer of that cannot into english properly)

Edited by Marabunta5

Dratini with two max IV's  while it has the potential of 4. father has 3 max IV's mother has 1. But mother is also Jolly... i wonder how can i bring over all 4... using Destiny knot. it brought over 2 of the fathers 3 IV's

is it female?

If so,switch that one in also check if it has the HA.

Edited by El1te

HA?  but no it was a male one.   but i found a Druddigon with Attack and Speed IV's max. i could do those first with Destiny knot. but   Destiny knot doesnt do anything from mothers side It only brings over the fathers IV's and then not even all of them. :/   edit:  added ya Trakata

Edited by Marabunta5

Put in a female dratini with HP and Speed IV   as mother. father is male Drudigon with HP attack and sp.attack. Destiny knot to him mhm? or power items say for attack? so it keeps the Hp and speed IV?  (Considering i still cant really fathom how the items work. )   Trakata You have a Psychic Safari.  2 out of 3 available atm (Since you havent been online yet :P ) finding out wich ones now.

Edited by Marabunta5

HA?  but no it was a male one.   but i found a Druddigon with Attack and Speed IV's max. i could do those first with Destiny knot. but   Destiny knot doesnt do anything from mothers side It only brings over the fathers IV's and then not even all of them. :/   edit:  added ya Trakata

destiny knot transfer iv's from both parents.

I'll try and explain with more detail, then.

When two pokemon breed, by default three stats from the parent pokemon are passed down to the egg. These are randomly decided, and which parent they're inherited from aren't certain. Destiny Knot increases the number of stats passed down from 3 to 5. This increases the chance of passing down desirable IVs quite a lot. By making a pokemon hold Power Items obtained from the Battle Maison, you can guarantee that a particular IV will be passed down. These are as follows:

Power Weight - HP

Power Bracer - Attack

Power Belt - Defense

Power Lens - Sp. Atk

Power Band - Sp. Def

Power Anklet - Speed

An Everstone ensures that the holding pokemon will transfer it's nature to the baby pokemon. 

I'll do a text-based example of a breeding process below.

Format: 

Nature Pokemon (Gender) @ Hold Item

HP/Attack/Defense/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed IVs (31 = perfect x = irrelevant/undesired)

Say you have your Dragonair and Druddigon, here:

Jolly Dragonair (female) @ Everstone

31/x/x/x/x/31

Adamant Druddigon (male) @ Destiny Knot
31/31/x/31/x/x

From these two pokemon, the resulting eggs will have the nature of the Dragonair, and 5 IVs inherited from the parents. It's very likely that the perfect HP will be transferred over, but the rest is still largely up to chance and luck. If you can get a female dratini with three perfect stats, switch out your Jolly Dragonair for the then Jolly Dratini, making sure it's holding the Everstone as well. Once you have a female dratini that has all of the perfect IVs from the mother and the father, switch out the father with another pokemon, making sure to give the new father the Destiny Knot.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Aaah so its largely chance based? Okay now im understanding it better. Thanks Azure!  currently i managed a Dratini with 2 perfect IV's If i can get it how i want it to turn out currently If im Very lucky i think i might end up with 3 to 4 perfect IV's. if i can get 3 im Happy.   but once ive got em the way i want ill breed some more just in case.

Add me!

Trakata | 4742-5981-5537 | unsure what type

Added!

You offer psychic types, Espurr, and Abra, and a third I can't check yet

Editadd: Spent a few hours getting a maxed IV male Larvesta, feeling bummed out there's no way to pass it Giga Drain though... that's BW tutor exclusive still. I have a 4 perfect IV Female I can use to breed them some more, so I can have perfect parents to pump out super babies for tradesies. My goal is to try and get a perfect IV male for most applicable egg groups, so I can chain breed perfect IVs of anything much easier. Combined with everstone-nature dittos to get the right female, away I go

Edited by LtZerge

So far i managed 3 Dratinis with 3 Max IV's  HP att and sp.att.  Training two of em  gotta try and catch some more dragons though. (hope i can one day catch one with those 3 IV's and a speed one :P )  but 3 Max IV's sounds good to me so far. the HP ensures it can take a hit. and the attack values speak for them selves.