Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL change for heavy attacks

Aella_Balefire

Having made a few heavy attack centered builds with different types of weapons I found one small thing really annoying about the heavy attack mechanic; having to pull out your weapon before initiating a heavy attack. One thing Steel Path has highlighted for me is the fun fluidity of switching between weapons and guns more consistently as the enemies are beefy enough to warrant weakening them with status before attacking, and doing this with a combo weapon and your status gun of choice has felt really good (we've had it for awhile now but was never really needed outside of really long endless missions). This flow is broken up if you use a heavy attack build, and it would be really nice if when you hit your heavy attack key that you Warframe just pulls out the weapon and starts the animation rather than needing to quick attack or hold the button to swap to the melee only mode. Not at all gamebreaking but I also think this would be a quick and easy QoL change that could make this style of weapon a bit less clunky to use in conjunction with guns!

TL;DR Make hitting the charge attack key, when you have your guns out, pull your melee weapon out and start the animation.

Archived