Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New corpus Tileset defense mission layout issue.

Tenno_Cobra

Ok , with the new corpus tileset remaster, there's this map where the cryopod is on top of a high pyramid-like structure with odd v shaped four corner structures on each sides.

The map layout is really problematic when it comes to solo play at high levels (for example in Lich Missions or steel path missions).

Problem is that enemies end up taking cover on all sides, half crouching to the side of the structure and shooting objective from afar. There's very little visibility on where enemies are , and even when using AOE weapons, it's impossible to clear each of the sides as the four structures on the side are simply too large and the you don't get a good angle to AOE enemies that can be crouching on basically 8 sides at once. By the time you clear one of the four corners, there's usually people crouch-shooting the cryopod from the other three sides, leading to a dead objective, as you can't simultaneously keep the four structures devoid of crouching grineers shooting the cryopod.

Yes I know you can use crowd control frames / limbo / whatever you clear these missions, so no need to bring this up. I'm talking about ppl using other frames that aren't necessarily that well suited to Defense missions. Usually ppl can survive defense missions with any frames since they can get a good AOE wpn and shoot pockets of enemies getting close to the objective, but since the side structures are too close to the objective, and the bad shooting angles and enemy cover it's not really possible here.

As such, I feel the tileset needs to be tweaked with some of the following changes:

• Ideally, remove the side structures or make them less large or further away from the cryopod so player can see the enemies and hopefully shoot them.
  • If you cannot / do not want to change the tileset, perhaps consider tweaking the AI so it doesn't take cover half-crouched on the sides, as it's the main reason why player can't reliably shoot and kill the enemies around the new defense target. If they were standing up and shooting in between the four corners, at least people could shoot them from the middle, but now it doesn't really work out.

My main issue with the new corpus ship defense tile is mostly the verticality (is that even a word??) and the labyrinth-like layout. The AI seems to not able to find the best route since there is way too much stairs and obstacles. When the cryopod is on top, most of the time you'll have to run down to get to the enemy, vice versa.

There's also problem with vauban's vortex pulling enemies from afar just to get stuck on the center wall.

The map design is not straight-forward. There's a reason why grineer earth defense tile and corpus outpost huge map are avoided. If this map remains like this, I'm afraid many will also avoid it too.

Archived