Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Conclave

Trusnam

I don't really like pvp, (so you can ignore me I guess...), but I wouldn't mind trying things out if they were simple enough to understand so that they could be fun for someone with no skill or knowledge of in depth mechanics.

So my idea's are to add new games and variations of existing games to conclave (essentially to leave what's there alone for them to be worked out however they need to be).

So my first idea is to add another version of Lunaro where !. there is no timer on how long you can hold the ball and 2. make it so a player won't be knocked down if hit by another player's check unless they're holding the ball (I haven't played Lunaro in a while so I don't remember if it's like that already or not or if it's been changed).
The reasons I have for this is to streamline the game and make it easy for a new player to understand and for them to be able to feel like they are getting better each time they play (instead of them running into the steep learning curve).
I admit that there might be problems with the idea, but I feel like it would be a step in the right direction for making a version of the game that is more fun and enticing for newer players. (the main thing I'd be worried about is having players constantly going into the air (but I bet if you made it so that a bullet jump would knock the ball out of someone's hands while they're in the air or something then it would fix that).

My second idea, is soccer...Yes I want to see these super robots with their insane parkour abilities play soccer.
How I think it would work, would start with having the ball move in the direction that your warframe is moving (the velocity changing based on how quickly the warframe is moving and how quickly the ball is coming at them).
Then make it so the ball will instead get hit in the direction the camera is facing if the player is holding the right-mouse-button down. 
Sliding into the ball will cause the ball to go high, but you'll have less control over the direction (not total loss of control, but some)
A bullet jump will send the ball flying in a random direction (based on physics) at high velocity.
A roll will do the same as a bullet jump but at a lower velocity.
The rest would likely be simple soccer.
warframe parkour is the reason I think it'd be awesome and why it would set it apart from other soccer style games.

My third idea would be to add a mode similar to the dog days event where everyone has the same stats, but you can pick from one of three (maybe more, but I think three would be just right) different weapons. 
The difference to dog days would be that the weapons would be accurate and and hit fast (like playing laser tag). The three weapons would be a sniper rifle (which would one shot), a simple assault rifle (base damage but high fire rate), and something else that'd add variety (like maybe a heaver weapon with low damage high fire rate and aoe blasts at the impact location).
The reason I think it would be good/really cool and would set it apart from other games is simply: warframe parkour

And my fourth and last idea (which is easily my worst, or best, depending on who you are) is to pit fully modded warframes with their fully modded weapons, pets and abilities against each other in a 1v1 to 4v4 match in a large open map! 
The map shouldn't be as big as the plains, but big enough to really limit the range of the warframe's abilities. (around maybe half to a quarter of the size of the plains). 
And make it so that crowd control abilities will actually work against other warframes. Though give invulnerability to the stunning and knock-down effects after about 10 seconds or after having been knocked down 4 times, (10 seconds and 4 knocks because you want to really make the crowd control abilities a threat, like Mesa's 4th is, but you don't want players to be trapped by stuns and knock-downs forever.
I also think that this would be totally optional and would give the absolute minimum reward for playing (playing not even winning) just as a mode to have fun and to test out builds against other super powered frames.
Obviously, some abilities should probably be fiddled with a bit (not nerffed, but changed), but I think it would just be a load of fun (even if it becomes frustrating).
In short it wouldn't be a serious mode, but one meant for just messing around and having fun... Then again I guess we do have friendly fire in captura (but if you're like me you have no friends to go into captura with...)

Anyway those are my ideas. I don't feel like brain storming or keeping up with this post (again don't much care for pvp) so I'll leave it up to you guys to discuss them however you will.

Archived