The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bugs: 2 Powers Causing Frame-Rate Divebombs. Trolls Abusing It To Kill Games.

SnakeWildlife

In specific conditions 2 powers are causing framerates to decrease from 60+ to 5fps, and take large divebombs of 0fps for up to 30 seconds, and if continued, kills the client.

To replicate:

1. Vaubon Vortex Physical Collissions. Use on a platform above a large group of enemies, enemies will crowd and cause massive rate of collissions trying to reach the vortex, but they cannot pass through the platform blocking them from the Vortex. it does not matter how powerful the machine is, the problem stresses the game engine.

Placement:

[Vortex]

[Platform]

[Enemy group]

This causes massive framerate divebombs, so severe that everyone disconnects and the host regains his framerate after a period of up to 20 seconds.

2. Mag / Mag Prime Crush Spam.

Join a game with 2 or more mags, and have everyone use Crush upon a group of 12 enemies or larger. During each time the power is cast, framerates go lower, and lower until everyone playing starts to choke out, regardless of how powerful there computer system is, the framerate just dives and the rendering engine breaks down.

Framerates if mag stops using crush, take approximately 30 seconds to begin improving, but it takes a long while.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Yesterday, when I was running a Grineer Survival on my Nekros with my friend on his Nova, he (as host) suddenly experiencing a serious frame drop rate for no reason and it lasted a good minute. I was doing nothing in particular, he said it started when he ran in my direction.

Then last night I was doing an alert by myself on my Volt, and out of nowhere while I was killing Grineer, my frame rate went to hell for about two minutes. I did not use any powers right before it happened, it just seemed to occur.

I don't know if this is the same frame rate issue you're reporting, but they seem to be somewhat related. A problem with the client?

Edited by Aramet

Never had any of said issues.

Go and try them, and then you will.

Could you post your system setup?

Everyone on the team kept having the same, regardless of computer as it is an engine-stressing problem.

My specs are high:

Windows7 64Bit

Ati XFX Radeon 7950 3gb

AMD FX 8150 (8 x 3.6 GHZ) processor

Corsair Hydro Series H80i (Advanced Liquid Cooling)

Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB)

But they are nothing to do with these collision and effect-based flaws which are to do with how Warframe uses and renders these 2 effects.

Yesterday, when I was running a Grineer Survival on my Nekros with my friend on his Nova, he (as host) suddenly experiencing a serious frame drop rate for no reason and it lasted a good minute. I was doing nothing in particular, he said it started when he ran in my direction.

Then last night I was doing an alert by myself on my Volt, and out of nowhere while I was killing Grineer, my frame rate went to hell for about two minutes. I did not use any powers right before it happened, it just seemed to occur.

I don't know if this is the same frame rate issue you're reporting, but they seem to be somewhat related. A problem with the client?

Yes, definitely with the client, id made sure all other diagnostics have been carried out. It is the Warframe client not handling these particular processes because they are being flawed because of mass collisions, and extreme effect overlapping.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Go and try them, and then you will.

Everyone on the team kept having the same, regardless of computer as it is an engine-stressing problem.

My specs are high:

Windows7 64Bit

Ati XFX Radeon 7950 3gb

AMD FX 8150 (8 x 3.6 GHZ) processor

Corsair Hydro Series H80i (Advanced Liquid Cooling)

Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB)

But they are nothing to do with these collision and effect-based flaws which are to do with how Warframe uses and renders these 2 effects.

Yes, definitely with the client, id made sure all other diagnostics have been carried out. It is the Warframe client not handling these particular processes because they are being flawed because of mass collisions, and extreme effect overlapping.

Im very interested in this. Could you add me. I want to test it together. I wonder if it is related to AMD GPUs. I have an nVidia card.