Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe using way too much GPU suddenly, almost maxing out.

_Chronix

Sometimes lately my GPU usage has been unusually high (60% - 94%) when I'm just standing around in my orbiter. It doesn't always happen, but it started doing it again just now. Tried restarting the game and loaded into Orb Vallis to test and it's now at 54%.

My card is an Nvidia RTX 2060, and Warframe usually only uses about 40% even during missions. I have a VSync enabled both ingame and in Nvidia Control Panel. (though my FPS counter still says 150+ despite my monitor being 75hz)

EDIT: It seems Warframe's VSync is broken and isn't limiting my framerate. Limiting my framerate manually fixes this, though since the latest update there's terrible screen tearing. 

tfwlatu.png

19 hours ago, _Chronix said:

Sometimes lately my GPU usage has been unusually high (60% - 94%) when I'm just standing around in my orbiter. It doesn't always happen, but it started doing it again just now. Tried restarting the game and loaded into Orb Vallis to test and it's now at 54%.

My card is an Nvidia RTX 2060, and Warframe usually only uses about 40% even during missions. I have a VSync enabled both ingame and in Nvidia Control Panel. (though my FPS counter still says 150+ despite my monitor being 75hz)

tfwlatu.png

gpu is meant to reach 100% thats what its meant to do.

On 2020-08-17 at 5:52 PM, Pridestalkerx said:

gpu is meant to reach 100% thats what its meant to do.

No it's not, unless you're running something so immensely strenuous that it needs to.

Especially not with VSync enabled, which is supposed to limit your frame output to match the frequency of your display.

6 hours ago, _Chronix said:

No it's not, unless you're running something so immensely strenuous that it needs to.

Especially not with VSync enabled, which is supposed to limit your frame output to match the frequency of your display.

Dude, Your GPU is supposed to reach 100% that is 100% normal.

• 4 weeks later...

Time to necro this thread with a real fix.

On 2020-08-19 at 10:40 PM, _Chronix said:

It's not just you.  I have a RTX 2070, a more than capable card and too encountered this issue when attempting to stream- frames would drop hard and GPU usage would max out when attempting to use the Arsenal modding screen for any reason.

How did I fix it?

Apparently, G-Sync doesn't play nice with Warframe for whatever reason.  

By going into the NVIDIA Control Panel and changing "Monitor Technology" to "Fixed Refresh", this opened up the opportunity for me to go into Program Settings and select "Adaptive" Vertical Sync. 

This had immediate effects as my usage dropped by 30% and the issue with utilization resolved itself.

I hope this helps you and/or anyone in the future finding this post.

Archived