Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea about Kuva Liches

HollowRaven

I think Kuva Liches should have their own Arenas. Not only would it be nicer to have a set location to fight them (that can be custom tailored to their aesthetic), but it would be nice if Murmurs would help you locate where they are. With each kill you slowly figure out where they are. 

Think of climbing a Grineer inspired Clan Hall of sorts. Fighting your way up to the top where the Kuva Lich is waiting for you. You could have the area tailored to the style of the Lich. Impact hazards running the risk of crushing you, or corrosive traps spilling toxic goo or something. It wouldn't have to be a large or a long Assassination mission, just something to thematically show how powerful they are and where/what their base of operations might look like. Adding a little to make the world seem more real.

Rather than them doing the following:
Randomly Spawning in small rooms and elevators. 
Randomly Spawning in areas that require Stealth. 
Randomly Spawning at the immediate outset of a mission. 
Randomly Spawning in the middle of Doorways. 
Spawning where they can get ENDLESS REINFORCEMENTS. 

Because the above is really frustrating. This is ignoring other frustrations and tedium related to them. 

I spent nearly 15 minutes trying to kill a Kuva Lich with Inaros because I had no other alternative to killing it outside of spamming the Quick Attack Melee Key and hoping that with each time I was grabbed and thrown across the room: that it's shields wouldn't regenerate by the time I got back to it. 

I feel by having a set arena to fight them, you can avoid the headaches of random spawns and balance out the encounter without it being so random. 

It won't fix other problems with them, but I feel like removing the random spawning nature of them might help make them more palatable. Or at least, making it so that there is a time and a place where you could choose to finish them off might make things better overall. 

I know that most people probably like the idea of fighting Liches randomly to get those shots at figuring out what Requiems to deal with them too. 

On that note, maybe completing a Requiem (and thus having it revealed) would make the next following mission a Guaranteed Spawn? That way you know the Lich is coming, and you can prepare with at least one of the three Requiems you have unlocked for it. 

That way it removes some of the randomness without totally ignoring the ability to plan and prepare. 

Archived