Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistica - Opinion And Suggestions For Now

matrixEXO

From what I gather by playing just 2 games with it, it's a semi-crap weapon with unique design... for now. I feel that this weapon has been either released too early or needs some changes to make it better.

Comparing both mechanics and it's easy to see how one is better than the other. The uncharged shots does 4 shots at 25 damage, totaling up to 100 damage. The charged shot does 1 shot at 100 damage. Based on both ammo efficiency and rate of fire for both, I have to say that the rate of fire for the uncharged shots is about equivalent to the charged shot while the ammo efficiency for the charged shot is way higher than the uncharged shots. Additionally, unlike the charged shot, the uncharged shots does not ragdoll a dead enemy, much like a bow's attack. The crit chance and damage is also better on the charged shot compared to the uncharged shots. Going by this, we can see that charging the weapon provides a greater yield based on both damage potential as well as ammo conservation.

Apart from that, there is an annoying delay with both mechanics. I really don't like this delay because it causes me to have to pause for a longer period than intended. It's useful for weapons like the Ogris where the damage and splash just does better than any other but I don't see it as useful on this weapon. Personally, I would like to see this value reduced, not removed.

As for the future of this weapon, I actually foresee the dual mechanic to be a possible boon of this weapon. With the coming Damage 2.0, it could possibly be the only weapon with 2 damage gradiants with the uncharged shots dealing more damage against flesh/low-armor enemies while the charged shot deals more damage against high-armor enemies. I'll wait until Damage 2.0 comes out before saying anything else.

A suggestion I would like to add for this weapon. Give us an option to change the dual mechanic into a single mechanic. IE:

Quick Chamber Mod

Removes the charging mechanic. Burst shots are fired 25/50/75/100% faster and has no burst delay.

Tight String Mod

Removes the burst mechanic. Charged shots does 10/20/30/40% more damage.

Edited by matrixEXO

Please tell me more, oh wise one.

At least I'm honest, right? Rather than saying "I've played 10000 games with it and..."

Also, I look at the future for this weapon since Damage 2.0 is coming as well.

Edited by matrixEXO

I freaking love the ballistica. It's certainly more fun than Despair, despite the massive dps drop. I don't really like any of sidearms from a fun perspective. This one is new and different, and I'm nearly certain that after I forma 2 V Polarities onto it, it'll beat out Despair's single shot damage no problem, due to the charge shots ridiculous damage.

I freaking love the ballistica. It's certainly more fun than Despair, despite the massive dps drop. I don't really like any of sidearms from a fun perspective. This one is new and different, and I'm nearly certain that after I forma 2 V Polarities onto it, it'll beat out Despair's single shot damage no problem, due to the charge shots ridiculous damage.

I know right! In terms of fun, it really beats even Despair.