Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Qualification Test Cooldown

Valadus

I attempted to complete the rank 2 to 3 qualification test today on my new lowbie Loki warframe. I failed it due to missing/not seeing one of the mobs and getting one shotted (my bad of course). I would like to suggest two changes if possible:

- Although it does tell you that you will need to re-take the test if you don't pass it beforehand, it doesn't mention the 24 hour cooldown until you actually fail it and attempt to take it again. It would probably be a better idea to mention this in advance and not after the fact as I would've known not to risk taking it with a low ranked warframe and weapons and would've used my maxed out warframe instead.

- I'm also not sure if any of the levelling up that I'm doing now with my new warframe/weapons will be saved and counted once I do retake & pass the test or is all that XP wasted in between? If it's the former that's great, if it's the latter (wasted XP) I'd like to kindly suggest that this be reconsidered and adjusted accordingly otherwise players will feel like it's not worth playing until they've ranked up or they'll lose easy XP from low level warframe & weapon levelling.

Edit: Well the good thing is, I can confirm that the XP gained is not wasted as when I passed the test today I was already half way through rank 3. So glad about that :)

Edited by Valadus

While making the game ridiculously difficult to succeed in, this ensures that it will be a niche game for extremely dedicated players in the long term.

This translates into a dead game because a very small player base means they wont make much money with it to pay devs to improve or expand the game.

Successful games appeal to a broad spectrum of players of varied skill levels where it is possible to progress without being the ultimate player at the lower and mid levels.

would be nice if the tests were more varied. Like completing challenges. get 10 rifle kills, then get 10 melee kills, then 10 pistol, then 10 with powers...

not saying it should be exactly like that, but just an idea. and you have to do each in less than 30 seconds.... or something, and you keep getting enemies until you complete the challenge.

one week cooldown is too much. 24 hours is nice. and its all good that you can't get more mastery during that time. you should always use your best stuff for tests.

Edited by Juper0

@Tsoe: thank you for the mandatory troll posting :) Next time please try to at least write a proper sentence and read my original post properly to see what my feedback was about, but that's probably too much to ask of a troll :P

@Juper: yeah those are some great ideas actually. More variety is always a good thing :) I now know not to attempt these with lowbie alt gear, hence my feedback, the game doesn't tell you of the full implications of failing the test till afterwards. A more detailed warning beforehand (mentioning the actual cooldown) would be a simple way to alleviate that issue.