Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Shotgun Mod: Slug Ammo

PettiTheYeti

Replaces the standard shotgun ammunition that outputs 8-10 pellets of lower damage with an increased power ammunition that only outputs 1 ball of high damage.

Shotguns will still maintain all other characteristics such as crit chance/damage, distance falloff, magazine size, etc.

Increasing level of the mod would increase travel distance before experiencing damage falloff.

Strun example:

Default: 130 dmg (13 x 10 pellets) out to 15 meters

Slug Ammo: 180 dmg (180 x 1 pellet) out to 30 meters (with maxed mod)

This is kinda what a high level Tainted Shell mod does. It doesn't exactly boost the damage, but it does let you concentrate it better.

I didn't even know about that mod. I'll have to try and find one.

Although I still think an actual slug ammo mod would be nice..

I think this mod is ao powerful, that the damage should be maybe a bit less than the normal damage, even when maxed. This will significantly increase range and accuracy, and should therefor not have any better damage. Or it should cost like 15 when so (maxed)

I think this mod is ao powerful, that the damage should be maybe a bit less than the normal damage, even when maxed. This will significantly increase range and accuracy, and should therefor not have any better damage. Or it should cost like 15 when so (maxed)

I'll take it. Especially when you consider that if the shot hits, full damage is applied to the target with no pellets that can miss.

Well, if you look at the shotgun in an overall standpoint, a vast majority of the power in them is the ability to spam shot a choke point and hit several enemies at once. It's not until you get nearly into melee range that the full shot can connect with a single enemy. So on that hand, you lose any mass CC ability with an Ice mod to slow entire groups, and you can't potentially kill multiple enemies at once..

On the other hand, perhaps you are right. Although a 12ga slug does in fact produce more muzzle energy and do more physical damage than a 12ga buck shot load, in a video game that already has severe balance issues, maybe a reduction of 10% base damage to compensate for the single shot and accuracy increase would be more viable.