Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obelisks with Symbol Above

FoxnEagle

Lets talk Obelisks, a bit of what I've found and hoping to find some answers... If you are not familiar with what I mean, you can find these guys out and about in various spots.

16B82640A4C660611DBA33642DAB0132C8390ACD

I've only ever found five in the "overworld" at a time, and each Isolation Vault seems to contain one as well. As there are three isolation vaults, that would give a total of eight obelisks in existence at a time, the same number of symbols we have from the reqium mods (Lohk, Xata, Fass, Ris, Vome, Jahu, Khra, Netra).  After running a bunch of missions I've had multiple vaults with multiple obelisks in them, but never more that two per vault, so a potential theoretical maximum of eleven obelisks (as I have still yet to find more than five in the overworld). I have, however, run across obelisks that have no symbol above them...

Obelisks seem to be able to have the same symbol, and I've also found the symbol can change after you activate it.

Speaking of activating them, if you blast 'em with a little bit of void energy they will reassemble themselves and one of the following effects will happen (I don't think this is a complete list and I'm not sure of the effects):

1. Pulses spherical waves that push back enemies
  2. Pulses a blue firework every 2ish seconds (seemingly provides an extra loot chance on deceased enemies nearby because I get resources from it like crazy)
  3. Summons friendly flying face hugging tentacles that will go hug enemy faces
  4. Creates faint beams that trace enemies, not sure what it does, didn't kill/damage anything and I didn't get any health/energy from it  it damages and traps enemies in its radius. Damage does not seem to scale though, so if using on higher levels it just tickles enemies
  5. Pulses sound and coats enemies in a shimmering light: slows down enemies that are shimmering considerably (80% slow?)

51B7B2A1544360551C95C72AAD247BC1B19BE525

However, if you blast them enough times, the "Reactive Crystal" will fly up, the obelisk will reassemble itself then fall apart.

9D69A53A8E0D52FD5073AB415BBFDD06C181EC0F

How many times it takes to destroy the obelisk depends on how much void damage you do to it. If you use the Klebrik Scaffold (homing beam) you can pretty much reset the obelisk as many times as you want. If you use the Pencha Scaffold it will only take three hits for it to destroy the crystal.

Other odd occurrences I've had with them:

• Occasionally when I've destroyed an obelisk, the ground starts shaking (as if the worms are fighting) but nothing seems to happen.
  • In one of the Isolation Vaults, when I completed the obelisk the ground glowed blue with text/scribble stuff. (It was the vault with the floating void mirror)
  • Activating multiple obelisks seemingly changed the icon above them?

Currently going to try and destroy all eight obelisks and see what happens. If anyone else has anything they have figured out about these things please share!!!
(Probably part of some quest later down the line, may have something to do with Mother's dialogue about "if you mastered your void link" and "going through the vaults with only one eye open")

I'm looking into this too, they seem to spawn in different locations each time to enter the open world, I first encountered one near Daemos Terminus but now it isn't there unless I can't find it, I tried to activate them all in quick succesion by flying through the map as fast as I could after finding and activating each one, nothing happened, but now that I read your post yeah, the ground did shake but aside from that nothing else happened. I also tried to see if they should be activated in an exact sequence (like the "puzzle" you need to solve to enter the vaults) but the symbols don't match, each obelisk has 2 symbols and I thought that they would share some symbols as an indication of the order but no, none of them share any symbols in fact, at least in my current open world session. 

(EDIT)

Also the fact that enemies start spawning like crazy every time you get near them makes me think that you have to do something with them while the crystal is active, kinda like feeding vomvalysts to the Eidolon Lures, but again nothing happens, each obelisk seems to have a different but kinda worthless effect on the enemies uppon activatoin. 

This are the mechanics I found out.

1.)Every Obelisks has the same Buff for the Vome/Fass Cycle. There are 2 typ of Tower. First one is "Tower which need YOU to kill enemie" and  the 2nd tower typ is "The Tower which need to kill enemy itself".

2.)The 2nd mechanics are the Symbol  Fass,Lohk etc  This decide if its Pullsing Obelisk or a pushing away Obelisk

Ris - Blind enemies   (You need to kill)

Lohk - Push Enemies away  (You need to kill)

Netra- Summons 2 friendly leeches  (Tower need to kill)

Khra - just Pulsation (No other effect seen)  (??? might be Tower need to kill)

Fass-  Blue Pulsation (Controlling enemy down after 2-3 seconds)   (Tower need to kill)

Vome- link and keeping enemies near  Obelisk (Prision)   (You need to kill)

Jahu- Push Enemies away   (You need to kill)

Xata- Random can turn into anything (ris lohk etc)    (depends on symbol

Archived