Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Heart of Deimos feedback

TheSixOfDiamonds

Overall, I did not enjoy this, part of this, I will admit is my fault. I had the voices turned down and didn't hear the fishing hint of "you can only hit them in the air while they feed" due to my AC blasting into my ears. I only heard the "don't hit them in the Exocrine", which meant sweet nothing to me. Onto the things I think could be improved.

Meeting Father

Spoiler

When I ran this the first time, I blew up the Dreadnought (Necramech? Sorry, my brain processes it as a Warhammer 40k Dreadnought) and went looking for the control signal. I was not aware i was looking for Father, so I ran around the little circle on my minimap (it had shrunk by that point), and saw nothing that looked like a signal relay or signal tower. So I quit and reloaded, figuring it bugged. The second run I just happened to walk right next to Father's flesh rose and get the prompt. I don't know how this could be improved without re-recording lines.

Dreadnought Duel

Spoiler

This was all around a miserable experience. I will take the first death as being my fault, I probly could have played better. But the next 15min of wishing I had some way to replenish my Dreadnought's energy mid-fight is on DE. You respawn with 35 Energy, which is not enough to get your defenses up, so you run around waiting to get to 50, and hoping the other Dreadnought's shield doesn't come back in the meantime. Off one buff, you can blast off the gun arm, take out the enemy's shield and damage its health. But then, you have to repeat the "Run and buff" phase, during which (for me) every time, when I had enough energy to pop the buff, the enemy had re-attached its arm. This just makes the fight drag on and on. It is not "difficult" it is annoying.

This fight could be greatly improved by just having some glowy thing to shoot and get energy drops from. It could also be improved by making it so we can consistently disable the enemy so we can regen energy. I don't think the enemy dreadnought does enough damage to warrant a nerf, if your shield is up, you just have to be mobile and take its arm off. But running around dying, buffing, running, etc is not a fun boss fight imo.

Sneaky segment

Spoiler

Loved the setup, having the Dreadnought cripple our frames. I did not like the segment proper for a few reasons:
1) I wasn't even aware what i was sneaking past until the second room. I thought Loid meant "sneak by the Infestation" not "hey, there's about 6 Dreadnoughts between you and the exit, and they'll just oneshot you".

2) The constant scramble effect was not only distracting, but kinda pointless. We have a blue energy field on our frame to tell us it's still disabled/crippled, this is a personal bias and I will admit that. I hate scramble effects.

3) Losing parkour was something that kinda bugged me, but I can guess why it got disabled for the segment. I was hoping to be more ninja and get above the mechs to watch patrol routes and slip by. But if you leave bullet jump in, I know people could just rocket by, and it wouldn't be a "stealth" segment. on that note, though, did it need to be a stealth segment? I always enjoy the tense "run for your life" stuff at least as much as stealth stuff.

That's my two cents on the stuff that really got my attention. Overall I liked using the Dreadnought, but the duel left the quest on a sour note. At the end of the quest I was not thrilled to start working on getting the Helminth Segment (even not knowing it was behind a standing wall), I was annoyed that after all that (and not knowing I needed the segment in the first place because the patch notes didn't show up until the first hotfix, which led to me accidentally curing my "perma-infected" frame, but I digress) I had still more work to do before I could feed my wall-mouth naon spores or whatever.

Archived