Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mission node- the sun

(XBOX)pyromania19

Something I've been thinking about is that we've had the sun in the center of the star map since before I started playing, but we've never been able to do anything with it, because there's no node on it.

Now that we have railjack in game I started thinking about missions we could have on a sun node, and a couple mission types came to mind.

1. Solely railjack missions like the veil has and having a persistent hazard on the play area, perhaps if you go to low/close to the sun you start taking more and more damage to heat. This would allow for a space platform that has some shielding against the sun that would force you to go into the hazard and thus take large amounts of damage while also having to fight off enemies.

2. Archwing and railjack missions, exactly the same as above but also being able to have archwing missions on the main map, perhaps requiring you to complete a railjack mission where you take out a station with the solar shielding so you can rebuild it and equip your archwing with it to protect you from the sun's rays.

3. Missions on board ships and stations around the sun, but requiring a system similar to what we have in survival missions requiring us to constantly obtain coolant to prevent being melted down, but still having to complete the mission as normal, and the enemies are a mixture of corpus and grineer outcasts as it takes the skills and technology from both factions to survive so close to the sun.

Obviously we would need an excellent reason to complete these missions, I'm thinking vastly increased resource drop chances and all resources being available there, along with a vastly increased affinity gain, obviously to make it fair it'll need to be incredibly difficult, maybe level 150 enemies being a minimum there, and perhaps in order to unlock these missions you need to get the solar protection module from the railjack mission mentioned above.

However all of this is just me spitballing, and it'd be interesting to see what others think on it all.

Mercury missions should be like this anyway. Instead of the asteroid tileset you could have day missions (constant heat/rad procs outside) and night missions (constant cold procs outside). They could be fixed as Mercury is almost tidally locked IRL and could be in game.

Mercury Proxima could then have a similar light/dark dynamic depending on the planet's umbra.

Something that could be interesting if they were to add is having the missions have you going from a grinder ship tileset, to an archwing section and then landing on a corpus ship tileset, since the swapping between already happens on Neptune's sealabs tilesets it shouldn't be too difficult to implement, and we have an idea on what the grineer stations could look like from the outside from railjack, all it would need is some new assets for corpus stations and ships (which from whisperings I hear we might be getting anyway for railjack) 

As with all of this idea it's just things they already have implemented slightly differently so I don't see it being particularly difficult to implement really, the only thing I see being difficult would be the railjack sections if they choose to do so as that would be new and obviously a lot of it will need new arts and assets made to go with it all

Archived