Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested spawns in the Drift - Maybe add "Wanted Level"?

Slaytanic93

As it is, the infested enemies spawn very little during bounties where you are supposed to kill/gather a certain number of enemies within an area. Gathering samples for Latrox takes forever, even at higher levels. Killing enemies inside the cauldron's radius is exhausting, they aren't particularly inclined to come inside the area, especially when distracted by necramechs/grineer from previous bounties that gather their attention. Another problem is when they spawn on top of big structures and refuse to come down on their own, forcing you to fly upwards and kill them to allow for more to spawn at ground level. For an infested breeding ground/hive, it doesn't quite feel "swarming" enough when it should.

Ironically, they seem to love spawning when you are trying to fish or mine. But I'm sure this part is just confirmation bias.

I thought the addition of a "wanted level" similar to the Orb Vallis' could solve both of those issues. Perhaps a system where the infested "tag" you with pheromones, as you kill them, and it attracts more infested progressively. To get rid of the pheromones you could just make it decay over time while not in combat, or some sort of interaction with the Exocrine rivers, where you "wash it off".

Archived