Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Bounties and Abandoning Objective Conditons

OricSharp

A few times now, doing Bounties on Deimos, I've run into a situation where I can't actually do the thing that I need to do to complete the Bounty without passing some arbitrary range limit and starting the Abandoning Objective timer.

The first example of this silliness I encountered was when I was doing the Gather Samples thing - despite the Bounty-specific NPC being maybe a hundred meters away from a particular fallen Sample, the Abandoning Objective thing started up when I went to approach it. Only got about ten meters away, even, before it started.
Then, there was a different iteration of the same Bounty, where the NPC themselves went far enough up the terrain that I couldn't approach without triggering the Abandoning Objective timer. They actually wandered out of their own objective's radius.
This most recent time, it was a Make Bait objective, where I had to gather Infested body parts. Not a big deal, normally, but somehow it decided not to spawn anything as long as a trio of Tendril Drones were still floating around. Naturally, they flew off and hid behind the Necralisk structure, so I couldn't approach them - even if I killed them, I wouldn't have gotten the parts, and I wouldn't be surprised if it just decided not to spawn anything to get parts from as long as those parts would have finished the bounty. But I couldn't proceed with it while the Drones were hiding behind the Necralisk, so I left anyway, because I'm just not interested in sitting around and waiting for those pointless buggers to do their best face-hugger impression.

Ths is not the only issue I've got with Deimos's Bounties - just the most ridiculous. I find that there's just generally some weirdness with the spawns, usually only having trouble completing the Area Control objective because there is nothing to kill and somehow I'm still losing control of the area, and other objectives tend to take longer than they should because the enemies are just not interested in showing up. The Cauldron that requires kills in a radius just doesn't work if nothing enters the radius to be killed, most obviously. And the Conservation issues. I'm not going to talk about those more here.

Archived